• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

David Doyle: Standard Catalog of U.S. Military Vehicles

Flatlander

Mr. Doyle,

I had Barnes and Noble transfer in a copy of the "Standard Catalog of U.S. Military Vehicles, 2nd. Edition."

My plan was to look at the book once they had it in stock and then try to purchase it online for a less expensive price.

When the book store called me, I went down and started thumbing through the book. I simply had to purchase it immediately...

There are unbelievable amounts of information in the book about every military vehicle of note in history since WWII. The information on the Deuce alone is reason enough to purchase it.

It has fast become my reference of choice that I carry in my car to identify and put a historical value on OD iron.

I would like to thank you for putting forth the effort to print a volume of this magnitude and value!

I have submitted my request to Krause publications to continue this printing and future editions.

Again, thanks for the effort, and I look forward to more!

Derek

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It is a very nice book. I have know David for quite a few years now and I can say with certainty that I have never met a man more knowledgeable about MV's than David. I look forward to the next edition! He's a great contributing SS member too :) Thanks David!

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Thanks for the kind words guys :D . I've not checked in lately about the liklihood of a new edition (I'm behind schedule on another book, didn't think this would be a good time to bring it up!). I should be in a position to bring this up next week.

There are some mistakes in the current book, but all in all even now I am pleased with it. Finding all the period photos and data was a lot of fun.

Obviously the book is available from Barnes and Noble, some sellers on eBay, and from little ol me. For either the Standard Catalog of US Military Vehicles, or the Standard Catalog of German Military Vehicles, I get $25 including shipping in the US. For the pocket-sized Field Guide I get $10. Lots of other books in my classified too.

Thanks again for your kind words.

Sincerely,
David Doyle

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Guys,
Today Krause informed me that they have less then one hundred copies of the Standard Catalog of US Military Vehicles left. No word yet on a third edition :( . I have far fewer copies than Krause - so if you want a copy, get in touch with me, or Krause, or Amazon, or Portrayal Press or any of the dealers soon. (to put this in perspective, when I left for Aberdeen in April Krause had 600 copies - so at that rate in a month they will be gone). My price is still 25 bucks delivered in the US.

Regards,
David Doyle

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Dunno if this is what the postal service considers a US address - but, I'LL certainly consider a FPO address a US address.

Thanks,
David

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
taylordc15 said:
David,
does a FPO AP address count as in the US? If not what would you charge to ship it to me?
thanks
Yes, it's considered a US address, you may have to fill out a customs form, though. Just mailed some PS magazines that way..domestic postage.

littlebob

I bought three of the standard book. Originall one for myself and then after I thought I lost it at work, I ordered two more. When I found the first one I gave one to my cousin that helped with the addiction and one to a Marine Aviator I know that is a history buff.
Great book if you can find it still. Thanks for all your input and answers on the site.

littlebob

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks