• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dayton MVPA

Cav Trooper

Took my M37 to the Dayton convention. It was on display out in the parking lot. I don't know how many people looked at those vehicles parked out there but, I did have some taking pictures of mine. I did another impulse buy and bought a door mounted tire rack. I know it's not supposed to be issure for my '54 but it will still look great. I also bought a new spare tire to put on it. Now I'm waffling on mounting the whole thing. I keep telling myself, it's my truck and even if it isn't correct for the year, who cares. I also bought a PRC77 and and a 1029 mount. I now have to find a am2060 and cable. I've found one but it's $200+. Way too much money for a display. I bought a couple of batteries also and the PRC fires up, I haven't found anyone transmitting to see if it receives yet. I'm thinking about just doing a man pack instead of mounting it in the rear bed. Any body out there have experience with these radios? I'm sure I ran into some of you there but I don't know anybody and don't ask any of the vendors who they are.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check the Military Radio Forum, i'm sure there are members familiar with your radio.
Which M37 is your's?

nattieleather

I saw your truck along with some others. If I had known it was yours I would have said high. I got two very needed parts for my truck. A drivers side door in good condition and an NOS transmission cover. I was so happy...still am! I thought it was on ok show I have seen and been to better and worse so this was in the middle.

Dalton

My understanding is that many of the earlier trucks had the door mounted spare added later, so I don't think it would be considered wrong for your truck.
Just my 2 cents.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks