• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DB2 Injection pumps

Cucvnut

Where are you guys getting your Injection Pumps from and i have been quoted around 700 to rebuild mine. is that normal or any other alternatives out there? Are the ones on E bay safe to buy ?

NRGarrott

I bought a rebuild service off eBay. I pulled my pump, mailed it to the guy in Arizona, and received it back in about 2 weeks. Looks like they did a top notch job and the price was about 300 with shipping. It was Diesel Injection Services. PM me if you need more info.

jdemaris

Where are you guys getting your Injection Pumps from and i have been quoted around 700 to rebuild mine. is that normal or any other alternatives out there? Are the ones on E bay safe to buy ?
Keep in mind that the DB2 pumps rarely actually get rebuilt. They get torn apart, cleaned, resealed, and few minor new parts installed. The bulk of the moving, metal parts get used over -as-is, with no renewal process. Pumps get calibration checked or set, and sent back to you. It's about a 2-3 hour job and parts cost is usually less then $50. So, you do the math.

I find the term "rebuilt" to be silly with these pumps. When you rebuild an engine or transmission, all the important parts get renewed in some way. Not with these pumps.

Some pump shops that advertise preset prices will later charge you extra if they find out your pump needs major parts.

My point is - that somebody charging $350 instead of $700 can do just as good as a job and still make money. So don't get scared just because of a low price. If in doubt, call and ask what exactly you'll be getting for your money. I do my own pumps so can't comment too much on other shops, but I know of plenty of $350 pumps that worked out fine for people.

DB2 is a pretty old and common pump design, so there are plenty of shops that do them well for a reseanable cost. In fact, a few - for 6.2s - buy junkyard pumps for $50 each, then repair them, and then resell outright with no trade-in needed.

dstang97

might want to check around. I paid 400 for my rebuild from a very reputable shop. Be careful who you buy from there is a lot of chinese crap out there people pawing off as "good stuff". Also are you running a turbo? or in the future?

ODdave

Long ways away but for others Diesel Equipment in Potterville Mi. they are really good with 6.2's & 6.5's. (they know some power secrets too)

Cucvnut

No turbo just a stock 6.2 ill only add hummv headders. The shop I talked to said the head is worn on my pump. And they don't have my core so thy can only rebuild mine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks