• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DB2 PUMPS

joeyaguirre21

I HAVE A QUESTION AND CURIOUS ABOUT THE DB2 PUMPS. I HAVE A 84 CUCV AND LOOKS LIKE I'M GOING TO NEED AN INJECTION PUMP. SO I BEEN DOING SOME RESEARCH AND MINE HAS THE DB2 4267 IF I'M NOT MISTAKEN, CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG. I'VE BEEN READIN I CAN PUT A DB2 4544 INTO IT AND IT'LL RESPOND BETTER AND GET BETTER MPG'S. IS THIS ACCURATE, PLEASE AND THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

Barrman

Welcome to the fun. Just so you know. Typing in all capitals is considered yelling and bad manners.

I have one of each of the pumps you listed on non turbo charged 6.2 engines and can't tell a difference when driving. Pretty much any of the 6.2 pumps will work on a healthy engine with good injectors being fed through a clean filter. You will get more of a seat of the pants power increase by messing with the timing once you have a good IP in there than playing the number game.

Even that won't be very much of an actual power increase. If you want power, add a turbo. If you want mpg, run 33 x 10.5 tires to get a little rubber overdrive and less rolling resistance. Plus, add a turbo and only use the boost when cruising at speed.

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ditto what Barrman said. The OEM pumps on the CUCV engines were DB2829-4521. There are no magic bullets to improve significant power in the 6.2. One of the main Laws of Nature is - to produce power, fuel must be expended. There is no problem in increasing fuel to the 6.2. The problem is, the 6.2 was not designed to burn much fuel. Adding a turbo will help, however think about it - all a turbo does is increase the amount of air delivered to the combustion chambers through higher pressure. This higher pressure also increases the compression ratio inside the cylinders during ignition. Unfortunately, the designers of the 6.2 did not take into consideration the possibility of these higher compression ratios when they designed the bottom end of the engine. Subsequently, the higher stresses on the main bearing assembly cause additional wear and ultimately failure.

As humans, we pursue possessions that we need, and we pursue possessions that we want. If you actually need more power, such as to pull a trailer or to operate in higher elevations, I suggest you consider a stronger engine such as a new GEP 6.5.

Just my 2 cents. Hope this helps.

joeyaguirre21

Welcome to the fun. Just so you know. Typing in all capitals is considered yelling and bad manners.

I have one of each of the pumps you listed on non turbo charged 6.2 engines and can't tell a difference when driving. Pretty much any of the 6.2 pumps will work on a healthy engine with good injectors being fed through a clean filter. You will get more of a seat of the pants power increase by messing with the timing once you have a good IP in there than playing the number game.

Even that won't be very much of an actual power increase. If you want power, add a turbo. If you want mpg, run 33 x 10.5 tires to get a little rubber overdrive and less rolling resistance. Plus, add a turbo and only use the boost when cruising at speed.
My apologies, I'm used to CAPs because of job.
But thanks for the information. I'm not into it for all the power because I know it wasn't meant to produce it. It just hard to find a reman pump here where I'm at.

joeyaguirre21

Ditto what Barrman said. The OEM pumps on the CUCV engines were DB2829-4521. There are no magic bullets to improve significant power in the 6.2. One of the main Laws of Nature is - to produce power, fuel must be expended. There is no problem in increasing fuel to the 6.2. The problem is, the 6.2 was not designed to burn much fuel. Adding a turbo will help, however think about it - all a turbo does is increase the amount of air delivered to the combustion chambers through higher pressure. This higher pressure also increases the compression ratio inside the cylinders during ignition. Unfortunately, the designers of the 6.2 did not take into consideration the possibility of these higher compression ratios when they designed the bottom end of the engine. Subsequently, the higher stresses on the main bearing assembly cause additional wear and ultimately failure.

As humans, we pursue possessions that we need, and we pursue possessions that we want. If you actually need more power, such as to pull a trailer or to operate in higher elevations, I suggest you consider a stronger engine such as a new GEP 6.5.

Just my 2 cents. Hope this helps.
Thank you for you information. I'll have to wait off on a turbo anyways. But that will be my next plan. Thank you again

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks