• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DC charging system stator overproducing

steelypip

Given the small amount of current produced, maybe go to a series regulator instead of a shunt type? It reduces heat production in both the stator and the regulator, and also doesn't mind jump-starting, which I suspect is responsible for frying lots of shunt type regulators. I'm trying to think of other 24V magneto generator applications and can't come up with anything other than the small MEP gensets. The good news is that the right sort of design could be universal - deal with 1, 2, or 3 phase stators up to, say, 15 amps.

Munchies

And having it take a wide range of input voltage would be great. Thinking this could be a good add on for mep-016c/d as well then. All those are missing is a decent charging regulator and a nice little 4hn to be self sufficient, and then that would cure the inherent flaws in those sets as documented here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks