• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DC to Dayton (and maybe Findlay)

hunderliggur

I am planning on heading out to Dayton on Thursday for the Amateur Radio "Hamvention" - the Mecca of Amateur Radio :) I drive my M1009 100+ miles a day already, Dayton is only 500 miles away. It only has 35K miles on it and was just restored this winter by 82ABNMP (great job David).

I would appreciate any advice of spares to bring along beyond the spare tire, fuel filter, and basic tools (wrenches, screw driver, impact wrench, jack). If I can swing it, I might hit Findlay on Sunday. I won't be taking the trailer.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you drive up to Findlay on Sunday, do it early. Your best bet is to swing by on Friday or Saturday, it's only 90 some miles.
Have a safe trip.

DieselBob

I always liked to carry 1 set of front wheel bearings (inner & outer for one wheel) and inner front wheel seal. Also "U" joint for rear drive shaft and transfer case rear output shaft seal. 2cents

Have a safe trip.

hunderliggur

Been on the road for 3 hours. The Private (16 year old son with a learner's permit) has been driving the last hour. On I-68 in Western MD heading for I-79 in WVa and US-50 in Ohio. Only problem so far was a stuck rear gate glass at Chik-Fil-A! Nice scratch in the window tint now :-(

hunderliggur

Arrived in Dayton safe with no apparent problems. 500+ miles. Had to slow for a deer on the back road. Good chance we'll hit Findlay Saturday afternoon. How late do the vendors stay Saturday?

hunderliggur

Natem / was that your truck in the old dealer lot across from Hara Arena? Headed up to Findlay for the afternoon with my son. Maybe we can hook him on a green vehicle of his own. He is driving my M1009 just fine.

hunderliggur

Lots of nice vehicles at Findlay. Got an antenna tip for my MS-11X and a 48 star flag for a display case of my late (WW-II) uncle's ribbons. USS Argonaut KIA 1943.

natem

Natem / was that your truck in the old dealer lot across from Hara Arena? Headed up to Findlay for the afternoon with my son. Maybe we can hook him on a green vehicle of his own. He is driving my M1009 just fine.
Yup, that was me. Had to get up real early (0430) to get from Findlay to Dayton for that parking spot!

My first time to Hamvention, all I can say is WOW.:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

Maybe you can both drive your own green trucks home.:driver: