• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dead Deuce

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
And it's a winch truck!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

jasonjc

I had a EOD guy tell a story of haveing to take a bunch of GamaGoats out to a range and shot out all the glass so the helicoters could shot misseles at that them.They had just been trun in buy a gruad unit and were 80-90% aua

FreightTrain

Banned
Why not use all those Drug Dealers Ghetto Cruiser H2/H3s for target practic.....while the dealers are still in them.....There are so many other vehicles they could be using.heck,most of the trucks I see on GL would be perfect for targets.Most can't be used for anything other than maybe a few spare parts/cores and scrap.....now we know where all the good truck went.....

ida34

If I remember right the M203 range at Fort Campbell had some vintage armor for target practice. Most of the time we were using paint rounds. I think it was a half track. A crying shame. In Korea I just blew up farmers pattie dykes. I got to fire off a live AT4 and a live LAW rocket launcher. Most of the time people only get to fire the subcaliber 9mm tracer device in training.

67Beast

I talked to a tanker who said that when he was at Camp Grailing for tank traning, they were pushing brand new never used mutts out on to the range for targets. He said they even still had all the new canvas pieces in boxes in the back, but didn't remove any of it. It would have been nice to sneak a few of those out before they became scrap.

houdel

I remember one time when I was doing AT at Fort Drum they drove us out past the Anti Tank range. A whole bunch of Shermans and the like were out there (this was when M48s and M60s were in service, prior to the M1 Abrams), all shot full of holes from bazookas, 90 and 105mm RRs and who knows what else. What a shame!

jwaller

friend of mine said they would blow the engines about 50ft high out of the trucks and if they didnt get the height they wanted to see they would do it again with another truck

FrankUSMC

The trucks that I looked at this summer had the engines and transmissions removed before going out to the ranges. The range I was at is near the ocean so this could have been the reason.
I did get to see a very nice 5 ton that was just out of rebuild that was waiting to become a target. Sad part is this area is unsecured and the local teenagers had busted every instrument, headlight, taillights and the windshield out of it. The truck looked brand new.
One of the few, Frank