• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dead link to Deuce VIN decoding sticky

migz

There was a link to a great article on VIN numbers for a Deuce that is in the “Decoding the Deuce” sticky. The link now points to military trader online. Are there any copies of the article on the SS site? Does anyone know if the author of the article can be contacted to get a copy of the article? Any help would be appreciated.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Greetings! I am the author of said article (and copyright owner as well). I'll contact the publisher and get the scoop. Will report back in a couple days.

Regards,
David Doyle

jblack6527

As will I. I had read it a while back, but was getting ready to fill out my SF-97 paperwork, and came back to read it again, and it was gone!. haha. Thanks David!

Lex_Ordo

I too, would like to read the decode formula. I am just getting into the M35, and just purchased one. I want to learn everything I can to better my understanding of this platform.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
MarcM35A2 said:
Hey all...
I´ve downloaded this article that time. Send me a PM with your E-mail and I´ll send it!
Greetings Marc
I don't know what the laws are but that article is copywrited. I think I'd get permission from David Doyle before I started sending it out.

The article came out in Military Vehicles Magizine. If you can find a copy is one way to get it. I don't remember what issue it was but I can look it up if anyone is interested.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
migz said:
David, Any word on the decode article?
Thanks
Mike
I am working on this - its not as simple as one would think. I own the copyright to the material in the article - the image of the article itself (page layout, etc.) is the magazine's copyright.

This is made a bit more complicated because some of the data is also going into a book I am working on for another publisher. So there are several folks involved in this. It got made a bit more complicated when someone else took it upon themselves to repost it on the internet without permission.

I'm on the road this week, but am working on this as diligently as I can. In the meantime, if anyone has a question about their specific truck's mfr or date, feel free to PM me.

Best wishes,
David

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
What are you trying to decode? Year? Mfg?

Try the 2009 vin info thread. Give me time to answer what's on there. I've got some issues right now and want to be precise.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks