• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dead LMTV

Hwhomes

Looking for help. My LMTV is dead. No lights, no dash lights, flipping the switch to start and nothing happens. This symptom comes and goes. My batteries are fully charged. Waiting some period of time seems to resolve the issue. Ideas?

Lmtv772

Banned
Are the battery terminals clean?
take the terminals off, clean them, check each battery for voltage, 11.5V means a battery is toast, replace. start again.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
If you have power at the batteries and the terminals are all good, cables are on properly and all is right in the battery box go to the breaker panel see if you have 12 & 24 volts at the posts left side of the panel. If no go to the power protective box under the spare tire and measure voltage there. If yes the headlights should turn on as long as the breaker isn't tripped but I believe that one is self resetting.

Hwhomes

Thank you to all. It appears the green switch that you flip to engage the starter is bad. By "wiggling" it I can get the dash to energize if that's right terminology. Then the motor turns over. However that doesn't seem to address the issue of lack of power such as at the headlights. They should work with the green switch off.

Lmtv772

Banned
What kind of light switch do you have? The 3 lever model?
download the TM's and go through the troubleshooting section for that switch.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I think it's a 12 volt circuit that switches 24 at the relay. You can swap it for a less used switch like the rotary warning one. The little green legend will pop out and go into the replacement switch. Check the lower left lever on the light switch make sure it's all the way up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks