• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dead Pilot's M38a1

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I couldn't get mine off either. Been running around now with 69 year old grease in the wheel bearing I suppose.

Dead pilot

I was finally able to get the rear hubs off. I bought a second puller and combined the two so it had five legs. Then got the big hammer out and after alot of hits it finally came off. Good thing I was able to get them off cause there was barely any grease in it.

So now the only thing left is to replace the master and bleed it then I can move on to the engine

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I was finally able to get the rear hubs off. I bought a second puller and combined the two so it had five legs. Then got the big hammer out and after alot of hits it finally came off. Good thing I was able to get them off cause there was barely any grease in it.

So now the only thing left is to replace the master and bleed it then I can move on to the engine

Congratulations!

Yeah, getting the right tool for the job helps a lot.
The bearings look pretty good...

Dead pilot

So the brakes are done which is good progress. So I moved on to the fuel system. The carb was clean and dry so that was easy. But that's where the easy ended. I knew there was "fuel" in tank but all the lines are clogged. Well from the shut off valve to the tank. So it looks like I'm replacing everything from the tank to pump. Wasn't expecting that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks