• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Death wobble + Doghead relay mod

M1008driver

I cleaned my fuse box and installed all new fuses under the dash on my M1008. There is a ground on the driver side near the parking break. I cleaned it too. I hope I never have electrical problems as they can be a pita. SRM

a175

Another bonus today! My headlights had been pointing way too far down, so I tried to adjust them the best I could. Unfortunately, one of the alignment screws stripped at the head. Thank God for NAPA! I now have normally aimed headlights.
Battery terminals are clean now. One was pretty gross... and so it that foul crud on the terminal. Tastes coppery, no likey.
I picked up a 12v charger and battery load tester today as well.

jets1959

Good luck with your truck, but you need a good complete set of manuals. I to am a paper in hand kind of guy. Check the classifieds or ebay. A 100 dollar bill sounds expensive but it is less than a hour at any shop for labor alone.:deadhorse:

bushhawg73

I have all the TM's saved to a flash drive, I carry them with me along with a laptop most times. If I am working on a project I will sometimes print the TM's for a reference. They are something you can not do without if you are going to have one of these trucks. Pirate 4x4 web site also has some good reference articles under the tech link. Articles such as the DANA 60, GM 14 bolt, Brake system and so on. Basically there is nothing you can not find if you search hard enough.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks