• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dec 19 medical run

johnfrombeyond

We got 26 inches of snow here (Shenandoah Valley of VA) on Friday night and Saturday. While trying to shovel a path to the road Saturday morning I decided to clean off the deuce and let it run for a bit just in case. Before I finished shoveling my wife came and got me to tell me a buddy had called and needed some help. His 13 year old son who had a double lung transplant this past summer was at his grandparents house in Waynesboro and his medicine was in in Stuarts Draft, could I help, of course I could help. Its about a 10 mile run from my place to my buddies in Stuarts Draft, no problem getting there except for the delay while a 4x4 tractor pulled the snowplow out of the ditch. Jeffs subdivision had not been plowed, pushed on through 26 inches of snow and picked him up, then headed the 10 miles into Waynesboro. Things were pretty bad, lots of abandoned cars and trucks on the road and off, not much moving. Picked up Dakota at his grandparents, in another neighborhood that had not been plowed and took them both back home safe and sound. My old truck has stock NDT tires and I never had a minutes trouble, speeds from 25-35. Got home and missed my driveway backing in and my neighbor had to use his bobcat to dig me out. Now:-D my family, neighbors, and coworkers understand why I bought this truck.

Attachments

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's great to hear how another fine piece of OD iron is helping people out when needed!!

GREAT JOB!

Nonotagain

My folks used to live in Stuarts Draft before moving over to Fishersville a few years back.

Getting into Draft can be quite challenging if you have to go past McKeever and across the low bridge. I've seen snow drifts across Draft Ave over 5 feet deep before. This might not sound like much to someone that lives in Colorado, but in middle Virginia, that's a lot of snow.

I finally got tired of the questions as to why I owned the truck that I gave up and sold it just before they moved to Fishersville.

My mom called me yesterday afternoon to let me know that they received close to three feet of snow. She told me that my dad wished I still had the truck since their lane had not been plowed.

I'll help family, elderly neighbors and friends with snow removal, the young bucks or those that have complained about my OD iron are on there own. That's just the way I feel and don't see me changing my mind any time soon.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
johnfrombeyond...that one run will make having your truck and maintaining it all worth while.
I think that's part of why America is such a great nation : we use what we have to help others...and we have the best there is:-D

GOD BLESS you Sir!!

dittle

Very nice job John, glad you made the trip OK and glad you got to put your OD to use for a good cause.

Now about your driveway.....its a little bare. I know, you need more OD items to mark the parking areas for you :twisted: