• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Declassified rarities from USSR

USSR

Today it's all for now.
If you want to - I can continue this theme))):driver:

P.S. If you want to know about a cars of the USSR - let me know, I'll try to help you)

Last edited:

gunboy1656

I would love to play with the MAZ-543M, the KrAZ-6E6316, and the DoKu.

The DoKu look like a copy of one of the test vehicles that became the M274 mule. Still would be a fun toy.

USSR

ZIL-135P - floating platform, all-terrain vehicle, amphibious transport amphibious. The design was developed in 1965 based on the ZIL-135.

Missile Launcher 9P113 on ZIL-135 missile system 9K52 Luna-M

ATV widely exploited in the Arctic, Baltic and Barents seas. Withstand a five-point storm and ice storm. Front and rear axles - turning that allows you to make U-turns on the spot. Car has passed all tests successfully, but the service in the armed forces of the USSR was not received and not commercially produced.

Attachments

USSR

une 25, 1954 USSR Council of Ministers adopted a decree on the create of automobile and tractor plants (special design bureau (SKB)), whose aim was to develop special equipment for the Ministry of Defence of the USSR. Such SDB were created at MAZ plant , MTZ, GAZ, and on other auto plants.
The first car developed by SKB was ZIS-E134 (model sample number 1), built by August 1955 and went to test in October of that year. Several unusual layout axels of the car was chosen because of military requirements - towing capacity of up to 3 tons, total weight of the towed trailer - up to 6 tons; special requirements for cross-country vehicles and the possibility of overcoming obstacles (ditches, fences, etc.) and water obstacles (fords).
High cross for ZIS-E134 has been achieved by the uniform arrangement of the four (it was incredible for that time!) of continuous driving axles. On the one hand, it provides approximately uniform distribution of loads on bridges, on the other - allows to overcome the trenches and ditches width up to 1,5 m. In addition, the car mounted a specially designed 8-ply tires I-113 (14.00-18 dimension) with a diameter of more than 1200 mm, resulting in have a was 370 mm. It should be noted that the application of the control tire pressure (piloted Grachev another ZIS-485) allowed the internal air pressure in the range of W, 5 kg / cm to 0.2 kg / cm, and in the latter case the area of wheel contact with the ground increased almost 5 times, and ground pressure significantly decreased, which has a positive effect on passability of ZIS on arable land or wetlands. Drive axles were suspended on semi-elliptic leaf springs and shock absorbers are equipped with bi (later, during the testing process it was determined that the car does not need to sling itself: soft tires absorb all the bumps, in the future, this observation has been used in the construction of other ATVs SKB - ZIL-E167 and family ZIL-135). In addition for ZIS was designed by a snow plow : working surfaces which vents the arrangement of snow on sides of the car.
The car was equipped with uprated engine ZIS-120VK (5.66 liter, 130 hp). The increase in engine power was achieved through a constructive change of the cylinder.
Special attention is given circuit transmission ZIS -E134: the torque from the engine to the wheels passed through a series-connected three-stage automatic hydraulic drive (torque), gear box from ZIS-150, two-speed transfer case. All of these units (on PPC and on) have been linked through cardan shafts.

Standard five-speed gearbox from the ZIS-150 was shifted to the rear of the cab and the driver was ruled by a curved and tilted forward lever. On the transfer case torque transmitted through the propeller shafts to the front and rear PTO, located on the second and fourth bridge. Installation of power take-offs had to be simplified somewhat by the possibility of transmission of the car - not to make additional bulky driveline on the first and third bridges, transmission thrust was provided by the intermediate drive shafts of the axes to the PTO.

Note that turning the front wheels were made by the two axes. Of course, this led to some complication of the steering linkage, but gave a positive impact - the minimum turning radius (of the outer wheel track was 10,5 m). In addition, the present scheme, power steering, which was especially important when driving on soft ground when the tire pressure force and rolling resistance,decreased sharply increased due to the increase of tires contact on road. The wheels of all axles were fitted with drum brakes, which is driven by pneumatic system.
The car was manufactured in a single copy.

Some technical details of the ZIS-E134 layout number 1:
Total weight - 10 tons;
Carrying capacity - 3 t, regardless of the type of soil;
Towed trailer - the highway with a load of 3-6 t, along the ground with a load - 3-5 t;
Maximum speed - 65 km/h on the highway, on the ground 35 km / h;
Engine - carburetor, in-line six-cylinder, Displacement: 5.66 x Maximum Power: 130 hp;
Overcoming obstacles - a trench 1.5 m, 0.6 m vertical wall, the rise of 35 degrees, lateral inclination of 25 degrees, water - 1m.

YouTube - Expirimental cross-country vehicle ZIS-?1134 (8x8)

Attachments

USSR

Guys, I'll find some interesting information)))
I find it difficult to translate technical texts from Russian into English(but I'm learning)))))
I hope you understand what I wrote)):beer:

rango

(Доку) (DoKu)

Interesting mini-car (2,65 x1, 35h1,23 m). This project of two students of the Ryazan road School - Sgt V. Dodonov and V. Kuznetsov. From the initial letters of their names and became known as "DoKu". The design of the machine, made in 1991 were used machines wheel buggy S3D Serpukhov Motor Plant. Cargo. - 0,3 m. Speed. - 50 km / h. Powerful. - 18 hp.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/attach...82-declassified-rarities-ussr-history-16-.jpg
its a soviet mule lol[thumbzup]

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
))))) Nice russian!

" Spasibo" (spaseeba):beer:
My wife is Russian so I have learned quite a bit of conversational Russian from her and her parents. I am not fluent, but I can communicate (fortunately she is fluent in English)...even better when her father and I have a few shots of vodka!:grin:

USSR

My wife is Russian so I have learned quite a bit of conversational Russian from her and her parents. I am not fluent, but I can communicate (fortunately she is fluent in English)...even better when her father and I have a few shots of vodka!:grin:
))) in our country are doing business (the algorithm is as follows: Contract - sauna ( or banya)-vodka-girls-girls-vodka-vodka ... and so on - how long will the health)

Attachments

Last edited:

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd be curious of a side by side comparison of the ZIL-6451 multifuel engine vs the LDT/LDS multifuel we all have come to know, love, and hate. :mrgreen: Good thread.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
))) in our country are doing business (the algorithm is as follows: Contract - sauna ( or banya)-vodka-girls-girls-vodka-vodka ... and so on - how long will the health)
I have never been to one, but I have heard a lot about the banya's.

One of my favorite vodkas is Krasnaya Armya. I also like one that is brewed with birch berries...very, very smooth. I can't remember the name of it. My father in law brings it every time he comes and the label is in Russian. He calls it Brunka.

paradeduty

Very cool trucks - Thank you very much for going through all of the work to add them to the website. Always cool to see engineering minds at work.

I'm thoroughly impressed, Bruce!!

Sometimes I question my skills with English!

Dave

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks