• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Decoding 5-ton vin numbers?

dburt

Well, I am wondering if a person can find what branch of the military it was assigned to and where it came from, mileage on the odo while at it's last station before being surplussed out , etc. I know the year, but the other info intrigues me also. It's a 1978 AMG M818A1 w/w. The ID# is NL08PZ C329-10366 and the Ord Service # is 9736853. The mileage on the odo is 29,926 and the engine hours are 1,592. There is no depot rebuild date tag on the driver's side door frame, so I am wondering if it was ever sent for a depot rebuild, etc. Did they all get sent back at some point for a rebuild, if there is no tag and no hole where it would have been riveted like on my deuce, does that mean no rebuild? Thanks for your help, there seems to be lots of good folks on this site who can research and find info out like no other web site I have seen!

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
David,
Were you able to garner any information from the VIN, M54-2078? Such as original year or manufacturer or anything?

Thanks in Advance

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Uh, the VIN info thread is for all Army vehicles no matter the type. If you look through it you will see just about everything except for modern day stuff. Post it to the thread and we'll work on it. I don't want to have multiple threads running at the same time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks