• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Decontamination circuit

Celticlady

I have a FMTV wiring diagram. But it’s mostly worthless. I am retired avionics. Complex wire schematics and diagrams were a everyday job. This thing is worthlessness. I am thinking I have a partial incomplete. I have tried the TM here but I get this goofy error message that I done have enough ??? to view this file.

Want to use the decontamination circuit for LED light bar.

I want to keep the rotating beacon circuit for our fire department light bar. ( if I can ever find the 😡😡🤬🤬 PN for the companion cannon plug that connects to the receptacle on the back of the cab. Yes I have tried the conversations here on that. Got me nowhere.)

BTW I have the OEM winch so I have lots of blanks for rocket switches.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I want to keep the rotating beacon circuit for our fire department light bar. ( if I can ever find the 😡😡🤬🤬 PN for the companion cannon plug that connects to the receptacle on the back of the cab. Yes I have tried the conversations here on that. Got me nowhere.)
There are numerous posts on it, and the part number is in my parts spreadsheet here in my signature.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I have a FMTV wiring diagram. But it’s mostly worthless. I am retired avionics. Complex wire schematics and diagrams were a everyday job. This thing is worthlessness. I am thinking I have a partial incomplete. I have tried the TM here but I get this goofy error message that I done have enough ??? to view this file.

Want to use the decontamination circuit for LED light bar.

BTW I have the OEM winch so I have lots of blanks for rocket switches.
I did nothing to verify, but the parts spreadsheet from Awesomeness has these numbers:

DESCRIPTIONVENDORPART #VENDORPART #VENDORPART #VENDORPART #

LMTV Convoy Light Connector (Rotary Beacon) - Male Plug (12V)http://www.peigenesis.com/en/shop/part-information/CA3106E10SL4PB02/CAN/EACH/133633.htmlCA3106E10SL-4PB02DigiKeyCA3106E10SL-4PB02CA3108E10SL-4P-B-02

Maybe this will help?

----

My personal opinion is that the TM electrical and hydraulic drawings are better than nothing. In a lot of cases, things are referred to second level maintenance. The TM's have tons of data - and technically they are right. On the other hand, when several dozen other "technicians" are around you and a simple answer to a simple question can save hours or days JUST ARE NOT AVAILABLE in the books.

A lot of things are "assembly" parts in the TM's as well. Rotation Manifold in the M936 comes to mind. ZERO detail. When those trucks needed a "solution" for that problem, a complete assembly was available. How electrical power passes through it for the lighting comes to mind...

I use my TM's a lot. Have to say though that they are not the ultimate authority. Hard learned experience seems to be the solution with sprinkles of shared information from others who have been there, done that.

Last edited:

Celticlady

I did nothing to verify, but the parts spreadsheet from Awesomeness has these numbers:

LMTV Convoy Light Connector (Rotary Beacon) - Male Plug (12V)http://www.peigenesis.com/en/shop/part-information/CA3106E10SL4PB02/CAN/EACH/133633.htmlCA3106E10SL-4PB02DigiKeyCA3106E10SL-4PB02CA3108E10SL-4P-B-02

Maybe this will help?

----

My personal opinion is that the TM electrical and hydraulic drawings are better than nothing. In a lot of cases, things are referred to second level maintenance. The TM's have tons of data - and technically they are right. On the other hand, when several dozen other "technicians" are around you and a simple answer to a simple question can save hours or days JUST ARE NOT AVAILABLE in the books.

A lot of things are "assembly" parts in the TM's as well. Rotation Manifold in the M936 comes to mind. ZERO detail. When those trucks needed a "solution" for that problem, a complete assembly was available. How electrical power passes through it for the lighting comes to mind...

I use mt TM's a lot. Have to say though that they are not the ultimate authority. Hard learned experience seems to be the solution with sprinkles of shared information from others who have been there, done that.
Thanks for the info.

Maybe I was spoiled with Boeing and Airbus wiring diagrams and schematics. Airline Tecs don't have time to be screwing around deciphering obtuse TMs. Every minute lost at the gate cost $100,000. You call up the pilots sliding window heat. You have about 5 mins to either fix it or Placard it as inop in the log book and get out. You get all the data from the power buss to the heating unit in a string including all the connectors, switches and wire numbers. It does NOT include any other peripheral data not necessary for your search. Such as a CP may have 150 pins in it for other systems that pass through it. It just gives you the CP #, Location (bulkhead/ waterline/ station or junction box #) and the pin numbers that is used in that application. As the nut behind the yoke is usually loose, first thing you ck is the CB out? Is the switch "ON", is the window closed?. If the nuts behind the yoke are having "contract issues" they will do everything possible to F... up YOUR day by putting a system in a configuration that it will not work so they can blame maintenance for a delay. Plus they get a hard-on watching you, to see just how fast you can untangle their web.

So I have been trying to trace the decontamination circuit. Its scattered here and yon with all other unrelated info mixed in with no title page with a legend to tell me what the symbols used mean.

Sorry didn't intend to go on a rant...

OK back to the subject at hand.....

First thing that I see, your PN has a "E" in it vs all the other PN in this conversation do not. That could be why I was going in circles.

Your link was also a good link. Where as the others were 7 years old and broken.

Next question: Is your PN the CP receptacle that is mounted in the back of the cab OR is your PN the corresponding "PLUG" that connects to THAT receptacle?

If its is the plug, does it come with a back-shell? Those are usually a separate PN as there are many various PNs for back shells depending on the application..

Thanks again

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Next question: Is your PN the CP receptacle that is mounted in the back of the cab OR is your PN the corresponding "PLUG" that connects to THAT receptacle?

If its is the plug, does it come with a back-shell? Those are usually a separate PN as there are many various PNs for back shells depending on the application..
You're just going to have to google it and see if somebody has a picture, or call one of the distributors and ask.

Third From Texas

There are numerous posts on it, and the part number is in my parts spreadsheet here in my signature.
And if I recall, there are only two wires used so a connection is a connection is a connection.

You could use something like this or simply delete the disconnect all together and hard-wire the beacon/lightbar permanently.

If push comes to shove, just find any cannon connector set and replace both pieces.

But I prefer the readily available...

Ronmar

You mean using this circuit/connector(j106) located inboard of the aircleaner?

this connector connects into the rest of the truck via an intermediary p/j43 located in the front chassis somewhere.

E is 24V from CB30.
B is connected back to TB2(ground buss) under the PDP in the passenger dash.
A&D feed back to P99, a 2 pin connector located under the passenger dash, Which would have connected to the alarm annunciator pigtail and run to the alarm box location.

J106-A/P99-1 also connects up to the dash annunciator panel, and voltage applied to this pin will light the chem detect light in the dash panel...

if you message me your email, I can send you a reduced file size schematic I extracted from the TM PDF’s. It pages a lot faster on a computer or tablet...

712FFEC1-B69E-4780-8162-386A4D7345B3.jpeg

Last edited:

Celticlady

Maybe this will help?

----

I use mt TM's a lot. Have to say though that they are not the ultimate authority. Hard learned experience seems to be the solution with sprinkles of shared information from others who have been there, done that.
The missing "E" solved the issue.

Newark had a photo and a really nice video of that series connector.

So my day is better ;-)
Thanks

Question. What is "mt" in your note "I use mt TM's a lot."

Did the data sheet for the plug load?

Attachments

Celticlady

And if I recall, there are only two wires used so a connection is a connection is a connection.

You could use something like this or simply delete the disconnect all together and hard-wire the beacon/lightbar permanently.

If push comes to shove, just find any cannon connector set and replace both pieces.

But I prefer the readily available...

Thanks for that connector link. I saved it to my favorites. I wanted to stay with what was installed. I was getting close to replacing the thing.

I did find a plug from Newark. They had a nice data sheet and video on that series connector. I tried to load it but not sure if it worked. There had been so much chatter trying to find good tec data I want to share.

You have TMs available? Here?
I tried the TM library here for the wiring schematic and was blocked. Why? no clue.

Celticlady

You mean using this circuit/connector(j106) located inboard of the aircleaner?

this connector connects into the rest of the truck via an intermediary p/j43 located in the front chassis somewhere.

E is 24V from CB30.
B is connected back to TB2(ground buss) under the PDP in the passenger dash.
A&C feed back to P99, a 2 pin connector located under the passenger dash, Which would have connected to the alarm annunciator pigtail and run to the alarm box location.

J106-A/P99-1 also connects up to the dash annunciator panel, and voltage applied to this pin will light the chem detect light in the dash panel...

if you message me your email, I can send you a reduced file size schematic I extracted from the TM PDF’s. It pages a lot faster on a computer or tablet...

View attachment 832377
The missing "E" solved the issue.

Newark had a photo and a really nice video of that series connector.

So my day is better ;-)
Thanks

Question. What is "mt" in your note "I use mt TM's a lot."

Did the data sheet for the plug load?
Here is another data sheet just got from a Buddy that a Tec Crew Chief were I retired.
sent you a PM

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
He misspelled the word "my".
Celticlady , I was typing so fast that my fingers got confused. :cool:

Awesomeness , Thanks for confirming it.
I was thrilled when I searched for "convoy" and found the connector.
Having the right thing to search for is the most difficult part of ALL the tools that we have available.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks