• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deep Water Fording Kit anyone know of any for sale?

ida34

If you find one you are lucky. Some have made their own. Do you want the GI correct stuff or good enough for hurricane stuff? Check for old posts on the subject and you might find enough information to make your own.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My USMC deuce came with most of the kit installed, the "fording" control on the dash, the low pressure regulator and some other plumbing. Check yours, you may only need the extensions for the air intake and crankcase vent....

panzerjunky

Deep water fording kit

Hello
Mark Boyce from Boyce EQ has 4 or 5 Deep water fording kits for the 5 ton he said that they are identical to the 2 1/2 ton exept for the air cleaner hookups that we would have to modfiy . His asking price is $165.00 and I am understanding they ate NIB.
Thanks Jerry

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello
Mark Boyce from Boyce EQ has 4 or 5 Deep water fording kits for the 5 ton he said that they are identical to the 2 1/2 ton exept for the air cleaner hookups that we would have to modfiy . His asking price is $165.00 and I am understanding they ate NIB.
Thanks Jerry
Jerry and all, What are the pieces and features of a fording kit, anyway? What depth of water does the fording kit allow? What does the dash control operate?

Sorry for the questions, I thought 30-36" was deep enough!

Rick

panzerjunky

Fording kit update

Hey Guys
Sorry for the misinformation
Mark At Boyce EQ called me back and said he had made a little mistake. The fording kits he has are for the Cat motor and will not work on the Multi fuel. I am sorry guys got our hopes up for nothing. As I guess the parts are NOT interchangeable.
Thanks Jerry

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fording Kit arrived from Boyce today. It's not for an 800 series, it's for a Multifuel 5 Ton G-744. I'ts also missing about half the parts, we'll see how it gets handled in the morning. If Boyce can round up the parts, I'll put it on my M52A2.

I'm sure Mark will make it right.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got a 5ton kit from boyce about a year ago. They had the only the outside parts for the kit. The inside parts, reg, valve and fittings i already had. The 5ton multi snorkle isn't the same. You can get everything you need except the snorkle brackets for a M35 kit at GRAINGER. Even the air regulator.

m60hog

You might want to know the mess you are geting into. The dash 10 manuel says that whith the Deep Water Fording Kit you can go into up to 72in of water, but you need to get to organizational matinence as soon as posible after fording to get the truck checked out an posibly compleatly relubed. This takes a lot of work to do! I have all the manuels for the M35 and varients on cd got them from military manuels .com. Good luck hope this helps.

twright

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hndrsonj in rockmart ga has some for the gaser that can be made to work I have one on my truck he also has one on
his they come with the hose the only thing you would have to come up with is the air valve and reg.
AEC Retired Tony

The Janiter

Did a bumper to bumper today and found all of the upgrades in place on my 1971 m35a2c - BUT some where along the line all of the vents for everything were disconnected and little vent fittings put in place - axles - trans - brake master cyl. - transfer case.

Apparently they set this truck up for the road only after going to all the trouble to upgrade it.

Go figure

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well the fording kits depended on the years; they varied over the years on what was installed. I am curious what "the janiter" found, I am guessing his are totally stock. BTW the last post was 2010. (his last time on site was Feb 2011).

Last edited:

rebelliners

Help

Well the fording kits depended on the years; they varied over the years on what was installed. I am curious what "the janiter" found, I am guessing his are totally stock. BTW the last post was 2010. (his last time on site was Feb 2011).
I am just getting in to my M35A2 and anyone have a link or list what should be done for fording kit

winfred

theres a nam era deuce looking kit on ebay right now but not sure if its complete or even desirable from a useful point of view, rustystud and hanksdeuce both have good write ups. general run down, run all vents to a regulated air source of 2-3 psi, swap plug from parking hole in bottom of bellhousing to drain hole next to it and secure the airbox, route air intake of compressor to port in airbox thats likely just open on back side, after taking a bath verify all systems remain uncontaminated including all 6 hubs

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks