• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deep Water Fording Kit on M936

WildernessJeep

While my truck is awaiting a new cylinder, I was reading the TM's and found that many M939 series trucks have a "deep water fording kit", with a lever on the dash to activate the deep water kit. Apparently it blows vent tubes with positive pressure while in deep water. My M936 came with a deep water snorkle (I think they all do), but I don't see the deep water lever anywhere on the dash. Would a guru please sort it out for me? Do I need to add the rest of the kit, including the dash switch, or does the M936 already have the kit installed and automatic? I live in the Houston area, so I suspect deep water (not over the hood) is in the truck's future.

Capture.JPG

Also, a picture (from this website!!!) for attention::

IMG_1297.jpg

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The "deep water snorkel" you refer to is the standard intake on the M939 series. There is a cable you pull out on the passenger side of the dash that looks like a throttle lock cable. Yours probably doesn't have it, most M939s don't unless they were USMC trucks or it was added. Fuzzytoaster on here had an M936 with a fording kit. If you want the kit, you have to install it. I do not know anyone selling it on hand.

Csm Davis

While my truck is awaiting a new cylinder, I was reading the TM's and found that many M939 series trucks have a "deep water fording kit", with a lever on the dash to activate the deep water kit. Apparently it blows vent tubes with positive pressure while in deep water. My M936 came with a deep water snorkle (I think they all do), but I don't see the deep water lever anywhere on the dash. Would a guru please sort it out for me? Do I need to add the rest of the kit, including the dash switch, or does the M936 already have the kit installed and automatic? I live in the Houston area, so I suspect deep water (not over the hood) is in the truck's future.
I have a few trucks with DWFK (Deep Water Fording Kits) on them. If you would like to come over and take pictures and make notes about the kit come on over. When and if I can get a chance to I will be doing a write up on here.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a few trucks with DWFK (Deep Water Fording Kits) on them. If you would like to come over and take pictures and make notes about the kit come on over. When and if I can get a chance to I will be doing a write up on here.
That would be great, been thinking of doing mine. Toying with the idea of using crankcase pressure, supplemented with air when needed to provide positive pressure while fording.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Thanks Simp!!! So it looks like the pressure goes to the radiator overflow and the power steering pump at least. I would think the crankcase and other breather tubes are connected to something (not just open to the atmosphere).
Nothing goes into the coolant. It puts pressure to the engine. Transmission. Transfer case and power steering

Air pressure from the governor goes to the horn then to the valve mounted to the coolant tank. This valve is controlled in the cab. Open it sends air to transmission transfer case. Power steering and valve cover

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks