• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deer(how to justify mil vehicles)

reb87

Took my boys hunting today. Firearm Deer opener this morning...Took the M109a3 out to my crp a few days ago. Went out early this morning and sat in the m109a3...deer came by and had my 4th(out of 5)son rest his rifle on the cab out of the front window of the van body. He took his first buck at 100yds with a 1 shot kill. We brought the deer home 1 mile on the hood of the m1009 and used the m816 to position the deer for cleaning...First time my back wasnt killing me after the gut job was done...Tell your wife you need a m816 to help with deer hunting(and m109a3,m1009 etc) Ive never been so comfortable sitting waiting for deer on a cold fall morning, and a easy shot from a good rest as well.

Attachments

reb87

its ok in nebraska..as long as you are off the road and not moving...the 109 was parked in the field several days so the deer were used to it and used as a stationary blind.

Parabellum

its ok in nebraska..as long as you are off the road and not moving...the 109 was parked in the field several days so the deer were used to it and used as a stationary blind.
That is a nifty idea!! I if permitted I wonder how sheet will be a deuce converted in a buck blind for few buddies ! ...... pom, pom, pom, kinda like a antiaircraft contraption!

91W350

I always wondered how those Blazer hoods all got bent! Now I know!

Looks like a great time. I used an old combine for a blind once. The deer had been walking by it all year.... Hunting from a vehicle is illegal here, but I am not sure that combine has moved in 30 years. Glen

cornrichard

Deer also do a lot less damage to military vehicles when they are overcome by depression and jump into traffic. I know I would rather be in my Deuce than my Buick if I hit one.

rnd-motorsports

Nice! cant hunt from any sort of motor vehicle here in michigan. Cant even bait! DNR really getting hard a _ _ .Opening starts in the morning here. will be in blind first thing hope I get to use m1028 to haul a big buck to the house!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks