• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Del City, OK Armed Forces Parade 2011

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Latest info.

Meeting at the wal-mart at I-40 and Sooner Rd at 0800. Kick some tires, meet and greet, and then convoy the two miles to the staging area at Reno and Sunnylane at 0830.

As soon as I get our "number" to let us know our position, I will let everyone know.

Last edited:

MacGowan

I'm having a serious vibration issue, but I'm sure I'll have it fixed prior to Saturday... probably just extremely low pressure in a rear tire.

Candy; check! Fuel; check! Painted troops seats; in progress!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like we will have 24-26 Bluestar Mothers riding along.

The following SS members have confirmed or opted out

M813A1 - M813A1 w/troopseats
MACGOWAN - M35A2 w/troopseats

OEFISHER - M35A2
M1075 - M1009 or M915A1
PATATTCK88- M1009
TULSAME - M1009
WARTHOG - M715 w/troopseats - not running right rebuilding carb today.

KAISER M35A2 - M35A2 w/troopseats - working
91W350 - M35A2 - Depends on Roto Roter Man
JONDALE - MX381 (Bobbed Deuce) - sold his truck

Only two truck with seats. We will make this happen. :grd:

Last edited:

MacGowan

Vibration fixed.

I'll have 7 boys from a local Catholic school, but if necessary I can bring a blanket and have them sit on the floor of the bed to make more room for the Blue Star Mothers.

OEFISHER

I have my troop seats on and camp chairs for a middle row if needed. Depending on how many family I have show up I should be able to have room for a few of the Blue Star Mothers.

TulsaME

It looks like I am going to have to opt out. Sorry for the late notice. I am really sorry to miss getting together for a great parade. Have fun and post some pics.

91W350

I am not going to make it, I about got the sewer done, enough to sneak by, but my Buddy's funeral is Saturday. Hoping for next year, I made a mad run at this year and failed. Glen

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry to here the Out-of-Towners have bailed.......;)

See everyone at the Wal-Mart at I-40 and Sooner Rd (near Tinker AFB) at 0800 in the morning.

After a short period of kicking tires and tall tales, we will head to the checkin point at the Baptist Church at Reno and Sunnylane. There we will meetup with the Blue Star Mothers and wait for the start time.

Looks like it will be cool and breezy in the morning so everyone dress accordingly.

MacGowan

I may be spending my "tire-kicking/tall tale" time wrapping the troop seats in plastic - paint has yet to dry!!! No problem... I'll just re-strip the paint and re-paint after the parade. aua

See ya'll there!

MacGowan

Thank, Joe! The Del City Parade was a blast!! It was nice meeting all the fellers and an honor to ride with you all.

The Blue Star Mothers, the few I spoke with, were a great group, and I hope you feel free to call if you need anything while your kids are deployed.

Here are a few pic of the parade:

Attachments

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I want to thank all the SS members and families that showed up this year.

OEFISHER, MACGOWAN, M1075, M813A1, PATATTACK88 and the Blue Star Mothers.

It was a pleasure providing transportation for them.

The weather starter out cold and very windy but by the time the parade started the skies had cleared and it warmed up a bunch.

After the parade was over, we took our Convoy to a WWII veteran that has attened the parade for the last 25 years, but was unable to attend this year. You should have seen the grin on his face as we rolled thru the neighborhood.

Attachments

Last edited:

OEFISHER

A great time was had by all inspite of the cold wind. I was able to get all 4 generations of my family to ride. My Dad a vet who drove deuces in Korea had a grin a mile wide. It was great to also have the secondary parade past the WW2 vets house. I work in a local ER and when ever we get one of those guys in I do my best to get a minute to shake their hand. I haven't seen one yet that didn't down play what they did. Even the one old marine that admitted to landing on Tarawa and as he said a couple of other little places!!! How sad that we are losing the "Greatest Generation" at such an alarming rate.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks