• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Del City, OK - Armed Forces Parade 2013

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Date: May 11, 2013
Meeting Location: Reno and Sunnylane
Meeting Time: 0800-0830hrs
Parade Start time: 1000hrs

Well guys and gals,

It is that time of year again to start planning for Parade session.

This years 28th Annual Armed Forces Day and Shriners Parade is scheduled for May 11, 2013

We have had a great showing for tha last 4 years and I would like for us to continue the tradition.

Over 2 miles longs......and Candy can be thrown to the crowd. :grin:

Let me know who can attend so I can know how many trucks to plans for.

Previous years Parades.................

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?83509-Del-City-OK-Armed-Forces-Parade-2012
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/upcoming-events/66777-del-city-ok-armed-forces-parade.html
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/upcoming-events/50903-annual-del-city-ok-armed-forces-parade.html
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/mo-ok-...-oklahoma-armed-forces-parade-may-9-09-a.html

Attachments

Last edited:

M813A1

OK I am in I think I am going to have to find someone to shotgun with me, because of my bum shoulder I do not think I can throw candy this year !!

M715VFD405

Count me in I should have everything ready for parade by then I've been waiting on the weather to clear for a few days to get new paint and the decals from Dave on. Even if I don't get to it by then she looks good enough to do a parade.

M715VFD405

Hey Joe I picked up paint today everything else is in order and I've already taken off work. So I'm a go so far. I can't wait.
I've found a good route into the city. Is there anything special I should bring or do for this parade?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This one of the few that allows candy. You can go thru 4-5 of the LARGE Walmart bag and still runout.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like very few members are interested.

Hopefully I won't be by myself.

M715VFD405

Or you and me I'm still going baring Murphy I'll be there. I've missed to many parades and stuff already. By the way my boss gave me a huge bundle of big zip ties so I'll be bringing those along if anyone needs them for decoration attachment

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well only a week away and just three of us showing up.

Looks like this will be the last parade I take the time to sign up for. :(

Happyland1410

Warthog,

Do you have room for one more truck? I was out of state on vacation last week but I'm getting caught up and believe I can make it Saturday. This has always been a great parade. Sad to see that not very many can make it this year. It looks like they have even taken the rain out of the forecast for Saturday.

Your efforts in getting our group signed up for these events is truly appreciated even if it is not said often enough.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Signed up for twelve trucks and only three are confirmed. Brings as many as you want.... :mrgreen:

M715VFD405

I just bought 20lbs of candy and topped off my fluids got a couple extra fuel filters just in case. I just need to gas up, I'll be bringing an ice chest with bottled water too for anyone that wants any.

M813A1

i got to get my candy !! I am looking forward to the parade again !! My shoulder will be hurting but it will be worth the pain !!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last update.

See everyone at the meeting point at 8:00ish. Reno and Sunnylane. Park on the SW corner until we get our assigned spot.

M813A1

Ok Joe !! I got my candy and I will be there !! Gerald did say he is goiing to show up !! Maybe there will be more trucks then expected ??

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks