• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DeLand FL Sat 11/12/16: DeLand Veterans Day Parade

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We will participate in the DeLand Veteran’s Day Parade with the DeLand Naval Air Station Museum on Saturday November 12, 2016. We are supporting the Museum, and as such we fall under their registration and lineup number in the parade. We will meet at the Museum between 8-9AM, and will convoy over to the lineup. The parade route takes us through beautiful Downtown DeLand and Stetson University.

The DNAS Museum is located at 910 Biscayne Blvd, DeLand 32724
http://www.delandnavalairmuseum.org

Event Timeline:
8-9AM: meet at the DNAS Museum
9-9:30AM: convoy to parade lineup
10AM: parade starts
11AM (ish): convoy back to the Museum

The Museum owns a 1938 40 mm BOFORS cannon on a four wheeled trailer. I attached a picture of my M1009 towing the cannon in the 2013 Veterans Parade. The trailer has a pintle on the front. The Museum coordinator has requested assistance with towing it. The cannon tows great and tracks well. The cannon requires a CUCV or larger vehicle for safety reasons. The trailer has a standard 12 volt 4 blade connection for the brake lights. Hooking up the brake lights isn’t a major concern due to the close proximity of the Museum to the parade staging area. The cannon will have two people riding on it to/in/from the parade. Whomever volunteers for this honor must be very aware of this and maintain safe speeds (i.e. SLOW), substantial following distances, and wide turning arcs.

Please RSVP by October 14 at 2 PM on this thread or via PM with the make and model of MV that you’re driving. Thank you!

cannon.jpg

Last edited:

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will be at the Orlando Parade. I will provide the list of RSVPs to my POC at the DNAS Museum. The DNAS Museum volunteers are handling the details of the parade.

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bump. Please RSVP by Friday 10/14 at 2 PM if you would like to assist the DNAS Museum. Thank you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks