• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

delay submitting euc?

rmwood

Hey all, I'm the new guy here. Although I've been reading a lot of info on this site for over a year now. I think I'm ready to jump in and buy a deuce. My problem is the timing. I understand EUC's are being approved fairly fast now and I have a vacation scheduled for 3 weeks after the auction ends. I would hate to have the EUC approved in 14 days and not be able to get down to pick it up, it's about 700 miles away. How long can you "drag your feet" before turning in the EUC form? Would this be an acceptable way of ensuring it doesn't get approved for a bit?

Thanks for the incredible amount and quality of the info on this site!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Not very long......not being an azz but it is stated somewhere in GL's volume of rules.

The sooner you submit the sooner they can start having you do revisons before they send it to Battle Creek.

If you wait too long they can void the sale and lock your account.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think it's either 7 or 10 days (not long).

It looks like your timeline may work out anyway. You are allowed 2 weeks (10 working days) to pick it up after EUC clears. Some sites will also work will you extending the pickup time. You could give them a call (the site, not GL AZ) and ask.

The EUC wait time is a gamble. It could come back anywhere from 5 days to 6 months.

wsucougarx

I did the exact same thing on my MEP-006A EUC. I won it on 18DEC10 and didn't send my EUC in until 08JAN11 or something like that. GL will send you 3 emails stating you need to send in your EUC by a certain date (they'll state that in the email) before you default on it. If you submit the EUC a day or two before the EUC default date (like I did) be sure to get on GL chat and make sure they got it.

SPCHowe

Have you checked locally for a deuce? Might be easier than waiting on an EUC and having to go get it and haul it back. Try here MVCC Online: Home That's the Military Vehicle Collectors of Colorado website, good site to know for us up here in the altitude :-D

91W350

If you win one, you could have a member in the area help you. I enjoy recoveries and would drag one home from Riley for fuel costs. I am sure there are others among us that enjoy visiting and recovering vehicles. Maybe not as cheap as I am, but it is better than forfeiture. Glen

Adding that both vehicles I bought took 65 days or more for EUC to clear. Trailers were less than ten days.

Last edited:

rmwood

Thanks for all the info everyone. I think I'm probably ok, but if I win I may delay submitting it by a week or so.

As for buying locally, yes I've looked but I really don't feel like spending $3500 or more. I also love to tinker and tear things apart. I'm sure I'll have $3500 or so in it by the time it's in reasonable good shape though. Thanks for the link, I've seen it but haven't been to their site for a while.

rmwood

91W350,

I was looking pretty hard at that last lot coming out of Ft Riley. Are there any more in the near future that you know of? That is a nice straight shot down I-70.

Thanks

ChevyC60

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I’m with M16ty. The EUC wait time is a gamble.
I got caught up in EUC timing with two trucks at
the same location. Won two trucks within a week
of each other. The EUC on the second truck cleared
in a week. The EUC on the first truck took 5 months
to clear. And not a first time buyer.

91W350

I would not risk losing 25% by delaying EUC submission. I know of two deuces and a really nice M1008 that were sold twice at Riley for EUC/Pick up issues. They are running a business and making money on the fine print.

rmwood

Thanks again for all of the advice. I think I'm going to take a step back and be patient. I'm going to wait until after our vacation and find the right truck and location. I definitely don't want to play games with the system, I just wasn't sure how much time was allowed before submitting the form.

Thanks!

michigandon

I recently won an auction on the 5th. I dragged my feet until the 9th to send my paperwork in. I received a request for revisions on the same day...accompanied by a stern warning stating that if a DRMS-acceptable EUC form was not received by the 11TH, my account could be placed on hold until a 25% default fee has been paid.

I would recommend you NOT try tempting the hand of fate with these people.

Don

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks