• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

delayed shifting issue

Ukraine Train

I have this problem in my '94 M1078 where it doesn't want to shift right away, particularly when it's cold. You really have to get into the throttle to get it to go to the next gear. Once it warms up it's fine. Is there an adjustment for this?

dadafan

Mine does the same thing, especially from a stop to the first shift, the engine whines out. It may have something to do with the "learning" ability of the Allison ECU, the more you drive it, the better it "learns". I'm not sure if there is a fix. Hey, I just noticed you're in Cleveland, where are you located. It would be nice to get together and compare notes on our LMTV's.

Ukraine Train

I don't think it's a "learning" issue because if I let it really warm up before taking off then it's ok. I see you're in Medina; I'm just up the street in Brunswick! Do you hit any of they local cruise ins? I've been to the one at Laurel and 42 the last few Saturdays and the truck is a big hit.

Ukraine Train

Speedo is good. Not sure if it's accurate but it's smooth. I'll verify with a GPS. The only gage that's reading off is voltage is showing 24v (in the yellow). I need to put a volt meter on the alternator to see if the gage is accurate.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Open the cab and look at the alt when running see what color the 2 leds on the regulator are. Low voltage will cause all kinds of issues.

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try only giving it like 1/2 throttle pedal when it is cold; experiment with giving it less than wide open throttle when it is cold. Mine behaves similar. Since mine has a winch I also have a tachometer and if I keep the RPM's in the green range, it shifts just fine when it's cold. Any more throttle/RPM and it wants to hold the gear until it starts to hit the governor.