• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Delco 27SI Type 200 vs. Type 100

donalloy1

Need to replace port side alternator. Gather from those in the know that direct replacement is Delco 27SI. What I did not know is there are two types 100 & 200. Type 200 being 100 amp and 100 being 80 amp.

Question for those in the know. Can I substitute 100 amp type 200 for type 100 80 amp on my M1009? Mechanic says dont need the amperage and will not create Charging sytem problem. Your input is important to me. Savings are huge stacking up the two types! DMLII sends....

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
78 - 100 amp will be fine in most cases.

mudman

Donalloy1:
You can rebuild you owen alts for just about $45.00 each. Right back to the stock amp's.
parst are at cucv electric, john is a great guy and no shipping right now.. I think you can do both of them for. $82.00, now that is a deal!!!

donalloy1

Thanks for all your timely responses! Calling manufacturer in morning to verify mounting design and electrical cofiguration is identical on type 100? If yes, will replace type 200 with 100. Meanwhile keep original and rebuild later when I have more time. DMLII sends....

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have always been under the impression that the stock CUCV alternators where 27SI type 100 units.

They where used in the medium duty trucks. The type 200 where used un the heavy duty trucks.

Last edited:

donalloy1

Warning! Do not purchase a 27SI from USA Industries. They do not have a clue what is needed for a CUCV. There are two terminal landings missing from back of Alternator? Must assume civilian 27Si does not have what we need? Must be missing information to positively ID unit required. Suppose will rebuild as MUDMAN recommended. So much for off shelf replacement.:deadhorse:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
According to CUCV faq Autozone DL7157 is a direct replacement. Should have gone to Autozone!
The DL7151 will "work" on the driver side only. It is NOT a direct replacement for the stock "isolated ground" alternators. It WILL NOT work on the
passenger side unless you want to see alot of fireworks and dollars flying out of your wallet.

cucv1833

Donalloy1:
You can rebuild you owen alts for just about $45.00 each. Right back to the stock amp's.
parst are at cucv electric, john is a great guy and no shipping right now.. I think you can do both of them for. $82.00, now that is a deal!!!
:ditto:

I got 1 rebuild kit from them the other day to rebuild my spare alternator. $45 cant go wrong.

I spent $85 a piece at the local shop a year ago to have my other 2- alternators build. They cleaned them up real nice though.

good luck

donalloy1

cucv1833, what does kit include? Lets face it the existing Alternators are probably original. Experience with motors tells me the Rotors are probably pretty worn out. Commutators should be way down by now. Afraid kit will not consist of major components? Just small electrical components not major items such as Rotor and Stator. DMLII sends...

cucv1833

cucv1833, what does kit include? Lets face it the existing Alternators are probably original. Experience with motors tells me the Rotors are probably pretty worn out. Commutators should be way down by now. Afraid kit will not consist of major components? Just small electrical components not major items such as Rotor and Stator. DMLII sends...
Whats wrong with your alternator any way? Go to there website and have a look at what they got. You can decide on the basic kit or complete kit. Up to you.

The basic kit may fix your problem $20.00 kit.

If you dont feel like messing with it bring it to your local alternator/starter shop tell them its a isolated ground alternator and let them rebuild it.
If its busted hopefully they will tell you its not rebuildable before they charge you more money.

donalloy1

cucv1833,

Gen 1 is lit up big-time and volt meter is in over-charge zone when at cruising speeds? Hope to have behind me this weekend? Performed diagnostics as stated earlier in thread. All seemed to be fine. Will report back once Alternator replaced.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like the voltage regulator or possibly the rectifier.

mudman

The kit comes with all the smalletr parts. it also comes with the two bearings and the hardwear kit. Rotors & Stator are never replaced unless the bearings fail. they never over hual those parts at the rebuilders. If you have any mechanical skills at all and can read, then you can rebuild your own alts for half the price, oh and the parts form CUCV elec. they are the heavy duty kind too. just my 2 cents worth goodl luck!!

donalloy1

Glad you like it. Have learned much. Kinda gone full circle. As Mudman stated earlier. Went to CUCV Electric and purchased Rebuild Kit. Should have gone that direction initially. Live and learn. Jarheads gotta do it their way. Still hope to get an off shelf for giggles. Local parts guy for shop is on the ropes now. I think he's going to snap. The only reason he has not told me to take my money and go to **** is because my company does so much business with them. Don't think he appreciates oh9 as much as I.:popcorn:

donalloy1

Does anyone know resistance tolerances for Rotor and Stator on CUCV Alternators? While I am in there. Might as well make sure they OHM out? Just a thought. DMLII sends...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks