• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Delco - Remey 27 si Alternator Question

Payback

I got a gen2 light on full time and the pass. side battery is not charging. I purchased a rebuild kit for the 27 si and did the re-build over the weekend. Re-installed the alternator and still won't charge the battery. In doing the repair, I didn't get this part in the kit, there is also one similar on the rear of the alternator that attaches with the black wire to the post. I do not know what they are or what they do so I am asking here.... And could they be a reason for the re-build not working?? I have been over most of the truck and everything wiring wise looks in great shape, no one has done any hackery to what I see.
What should I be looking at as a cause of the lack of charging, if the alternator re-build was done correctly?

Attachments

Payback

Does the charge light come on key on engine off?
All lights on the dash light up with the key on prior to starting. Once started, only the gen 2 light stays on. Now, I am assuming that if the light is on, the charging system is not working right. I have not tested it with a meter to confirm but will tomorrow. The mil. spec. voltmeter in the truck also works and I did not notice a charge while running.
The condensers, how can I find out more about them, I would want to replace those as well? All replaceable parts should be replaced when doing a re-build. Thanks in Advance...

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got a gen2 light on full time and the pass. side battery is not charging. I purchased a rebuild kit for the 27 si and did the re-build over the weekend. Re-installed the alternator and still won't charge the battery. In doing the repair, I didn't get this part in the kit, there is also one similar on the rear of the alternator that attaches with the black wire to the post. I do not know what they are or what they do so I am asking here.... And could they be a reason for the re-build not working?? I have been over most of the truck and everything wiring wise looks in great shape, no one has done any hackery to what I see.
What should I be looking at as a cause of the lack of charging, if the alternator re-build was done correctly?
It's a capacitor for radio noise suppression. It doesn't affect alternator function.

Take the alternator and get it tested or do the test sticky at the top of the CUCV forum.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks