• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Demil B & Q Sales Ending??

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I received this email today. I'm not sure how I got on a list to get this other than the fact that I buy quite a bit from GL. I called GL and asked if they knew anything about this, they asked that I forward the email. I did and they're taking a look at it. I have heard rumblings of this for the last couple months. We know that M105's and other trailers have moved to the Demil B & Q sales catagory. Thought some of you might find this interesting if not important. If any of this is true, It would end the sale trucks and more. The rumors are why decided to go for a wrecker now. With all the deuces and 800's about to go up for sale, this would be bad. It would be evan worse if the DLA decided they wanted the trucks back. The Clinton Admin almost made this a reality. I don't know how valid the email is but thought it should be shared with my brothers.

Alert Your Members of Congress About A Potential Threat to DoD Surplus Property Sales Take Action!

As a purchaser of U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) surplus property categorized as Demil B or Q you should consider how the following issue may impact you and any business you have in the purchase, use or resale of Demil B and Q surplus property.
In 2006, the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) commissioned a study to evaluate the costs and benefits from the sale of Demil B and Q surplus property, among other items. A particular focus of this review is the impact the sale of Demil B and Q items has on national security.

While no one knows for sure the recommendations of this report, one potential near-term outcome is the decision by the DLA to stop the sale of these items entirely.

As part of the vibrant buyer marketplace for the sale of Demil B and Q items, you know that any decision to stop the sale of these items in an apparent attempt to solve a supposed “National Security” concern is a misplaced and bad policy for several reasons:

First, items that have any military use are coded as Significant Military Equipment and given a Demil code other than “B” or “Q” that would preclude sale to the general public. In fact, most B and Q items are common-use items available from commercial suppliers.
Second, all buyers of these items undergo a background check and are approved by the Defense Criminal Investigation Activity Assessment Office, and obtain an End-User certificate.
Third, many small businesses serve a valuable role to stock these items for future use by industrial and DoD activities. Any interruption to the Demil B or Q property stream would seriously damage thousands of small businesses across the United States and seriously impair the ability of the DoD to obtain selected parts they need to keep valuable machinery and equipment operating to support their mission.
Therefore, if you value your access to surplus property it is essential that you contact your elected representatives today by e-mailing them the attached message.
Time is of the essence. DLA’s decision on this matter is probably very close.

I'm including the link to send the message to your representatives.

http://capwiz.com/sboa/issues/alert/?alertid=9952716&queueid=[capwiz:queue_id]

acetomatoco

So, have you contacted all your elected federal reps and senators to tell em to vote against said change...???

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No not yet, I figure if they're going to do it, they already have their minds made up. I provided the link because it was part of the original email.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I received the same E-mail today also.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I received the email as well.

ACE, I did contact my elected officials- I get two states- I'm a resident of SC so I emailed them because I vote for them, and I'm in the Navy stationed in Norfolk, VA so I emailed the VA reps because my Wife can vote for them.

Well, if they want my trucks back they will have to pay sticker price. (what was it? like $43,000 something?)

Michael

I got one today also. I also got an email that two CUCV (M1009's) I just won were DEMIL B/Q and needed an EUC. I am almost sure they didn't have a red flag in their description but they have already deleted the listing. I have it saved at home but I am in Little Rock at the convention.

Did everyone getting one of these get the one a while back warning about the changes being considered in B/Q? At that time it looked to me they were considering limiting B/Q to big dealers who had the "financial ability" to track and manage the disposition of the material. It even read that they could be caught making the occasional mistake as long as the majority of their sales went to acceptable buyers.

Now if they add a bunch of stuff little people like us want and overload the system, it will be more fuel for their fire.

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jack Martin (Jack's Gov Surplus) and I were just talking about this, he told me that during the Clinton era 2 bills were defeted that would have collected ALL of the trucks and other military equipment. 1 bill would have bought them, the other would have taken them. I believe this has happened in some european countries already. I will be sending the letter in tonight. I can't remeber a deuces getting used for anything bad in this country. This would be very bad.

CUCV's have just moved to Demil B & Q as well. I'm sure that's already been ccovered here.

jatonka

I also received the warning e-mail today. I assume that Gl had something to do with sending it out. They stand to lose a hell of a lot of money if this thing would happen. Personnaly, I could give back everything I bought from DRMO and GL and still have a lot of trucks. And all my guns. :evil:

FreightTrain

Banned
Hmmmm,I ain't got a letter....YET.Just remember,None of the spit the politicians push is for protection from ourselves or other but protection for them from us!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: code

I just sent it to my peeps. I hope it gets some movement, but like someone said, if they already have their mind made up, oh well.

SierraHotel

RE: code

Might as well add to your representatives that GL's contract should not be renewed. Besides shafting the little guy, the government is loosing money (taxpayer money) on the deal.