• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dent Removal with CARC ?

LastFbody

So my M1009 is finally getting nice enough where the dents in the roof are bothering me, and I want to do something about them before summer.

Has anyone ever tried using dent suction cups on CARC before? Does it work, or does CARC's texture make it not adhere?

cucvrus

Will not adhere. Surface too rough. Do you have a paint less dent remover in your area? I had 2 dents in an M1009 roof and paid $150. to have them removed. He went in thru the sun visor holes. I also had about 6 golf ball dents that he removed from my Cadillac roof. I cost me $200. to get them out. Much less expense then body work and I can not even begin to find the damage after it was fixed. I use them many times on brand new cab chassis. Perfect fix for pennies on the dollar. I was amazed. Hail damage fixed all the time.

cucvrus

I did want to say that yes some dents you can remove. Many times a dent is there and it pops out. But as most people know the sheet metal had=s been stretched and has an oil can effect now. the trick is to tap and shrinking the metal back in place to avoid the oil can effect. Not as easy as just popping the dent with a toilet plunger. The paint less dent guy has plastic hammers , sticks, heat lamps and pry bars. He charges a flat fee for showing up and then time and per dent. Good Luck.

LastFbody

Was actually considering drilling into the ceiling and pushing the roof out from the inside like you said, but I'd rather spring for an actual body shop so it doesn't get butchered any more than necessary.

Good to know that only good expensive suction cups have a chance of working on CARC, not gonna bother trying with cheap ones.

nyoffroad

Will not adhere. Surface too rough. Do you have a paint less dent remover in your area? I had 2 dents in an M1009 roof and paid $150. to have them removed. He went in thru the sun visor holes. I also had about 6 golf ball dents that he removed from my Cadillac roof. I cost me $200. to get them out. Much less expense then body work and I can not even begin to find the damage after it was fixed. I use them many times on brand new cab chassis. Perfect fix for pennies on the dollar. I was amazed. Hail damage fixed all the time.
Back when I had a body shop I hated those guy's, but soon found that I could write up a job and then sub it to them and make money for nothing! If the dent removal wasn't perfect than they didn't get paid that's the guaranty.

cucvrus

All I can tell you is that they fix trucks for me and I pick fly crap out of pepper when I look at vehicles. These vehicles that I have still have window invoice price stickers on them. So I must be fussy. They did jobs that body shops wanted $500. to fix for $100. I have the utmost respect for Dan the Dent Man. I offered the CUCV plow truck as a trainer truck. He teaches dent removal also. He has a van full of tools. looks like a lock out set. Even makes them as he goes. A+ on my Cadillac roof and the CUCV.

LastFbody

Think you misunderstood me, meant to say if that's how it's gotta be fixed I'm gonna spring for a professional instead of monkeying with it myself. Meant body shop as an all purpose term for places that specialize in dents and body panels.

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All I can tell you is that they fix trucks for me and I pick fly crap out of pepper when I look at vehicles. These vehicles that I have still have window invoice price stickers on them. So I must be fussy. They did jobs that body shops wanted $500. to fix for $100. I have the utmost respect for Dan the Dent Man. I offered the CUCV plow truck as a trainer truck. He teaches dent removal also. He has a van full of tools. looks like a lock out set. Even makes them as he goes. A+ on my Cadillac roof and the CUCV.
Now that's funny :grin:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks