• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Denton, NC, April 2024

CGarbee

Denton NC MV Gathering at the FarmPark. FarmPark dates are April 27-28, 2024.

I spotted the flyer for the 2024 version of the Denton, North Carolina event online the other day... Not seeing anything here, I thought that I would share it.
The event has evolved over the years since we first started holding a spring NC MV Rally (in the Uwharrie at first with the Full Size Jeep and then the Southern Power Wagon groups) before Jim Henry convinced us all to move to the FarmPark... The FarmPark event has grown by leaps and bounds and I personally avoid most of the goings on up the hill, but I really enjoy seeing a bunch of you in the camp area down by the tracks...

So, I have put the event on my calendar once again and plan to arrive on-site Wednesday afternoon, April 24.
I will have my MKT with me as long as enough of you sign up for meals to make it worth the effort... I'll post up menu ideas before too much longer.

Hopefully, Pat will have enough folks interested in a convoy to organize one again this year.

I am not the event organizer, either of the FarmPark's militaria/gun/helicopter event or the Steelsoldiers gathering... I'm just passing on what I know.

Attachments

Last edited:

matt444

I Nead a windshield assembly for a willis or I belive a m38 is the same
Also would like to find some 18000 lbs warn broken winches

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

4XDesign

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I Nead a windshield assembly for a willis or I belive a m38 is the same
Also would like to find some 18000 lbs warn broken winches

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
I just about gave a 18k winch away recently…
I have a dual output M35 PTO, 3 Fmtv door handles, 4 really nice 395’s on wheels.

ODAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm looking for lM37 power plant gas heater plumbing parts: aquastat, fittings on the block attached to the fuel pump, etc. Also, arctic cab retangular window frame.

CGarbee

I find cooking for a group to be a nice, relaxing, break from my day job...

If I have enough people who sign up, this is what I am thinking.

Not enough sign up for the MKT, I am likely to leave it at home and rethink what, or if, I do any cooking…
My current plan is to arrive on Wednesday (I assume that I can access the site that afternoon as in years past) with the MKT and to have a meal offering for each meal Wednesday supper through Sunday breakfast.

I’m trying new format for the menu post this year, if this is confusing, let me know and I will list each day’s meals in order...

Wednesday supper:
Curried chicken over rice

Thursday supper:
Chicken fajitas or Pork fajitas
Onion mushroom peppers cabbage etc

Friday supper
Grilled pork loin or Burgundy pork
Rice
Cabbage, Carrots, Onion

Saturday supper:
Shrimp boil

Lunches:
Brats or Italian Sausage (with peppers and onions), Thursday
Cheeseburger, Friday
Hotdogs, Saturday
Chips, every lunch
Salad, every lunch

Breakfasts:
Eggs, scrambled every day, other options just ask…
Pancakes on Sunday
Bacon, alternate days
Tenderloin, alternate days
Sausage, alternate days
Grits, alternate days
Oatmeal, alternate days
Fruit canned
An assortment of breads each day such as:

Biscuits
English muffins
tortillas

Coffee, every day
Lemonade and Tea, every day, all day

Dietary substitutions can be made (just talk to me in advance)

Last year, the “early bird” rate that we went with was $7/Meal except for Saturday night at $9.
Hopefully, I can stay the same of close this year…

Wait until you arrive and the prices may be higher and/or I may not have chow for you…

Best way to sign up and know that you are on the list is to PM me and to receive at REPLY

CGarbee

With regret...
I WILL NOT be bringing the MKT to Denton!!

With only eight people (including myself) marked as "attending" on the Facebook event that I created for this, and only two folks who actually said that they would be interested in eating at the MKT (combined note here and a text message), I just can't afford to drag the trailer to Denton, not to mention that it's too much effort to set up for so few (especially on Wednesday through Saturday).
Sorry....
Hopefully next year we'll have more interested and the MKT will make the trip.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks