• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Denton NC mv show 2015

bchauvette

Kermit is ready

Kermit is ready M944 (Mother of Mog) is not. Was hoping to work on the M944 yesterday but the weather was horrific. Looks like Ken is going to pick us up on the way.
IMG_1484.jpgIMG_1478.jpg

michigandon

Was planning on coming tonight, but I ran into a problem with the brake lights on the van (now crorrected).

Should be there sometime tomorrow morning. Sounds as though that's when most of the gang is gonna show up anyway.

wilfreeman

GREEAATT! Maybe it will be clear and dry out. I stopped and bought a tarp to put over the tent in the back of the deuce just in case. Planning on getting up at the buttcrack of dawn to load the tires/wheels and dry goods.I plan on leaving by 9. 2.5hr drive to Lexington to drop off tires, then 25 min to the Farmpark. If all goes as planned, I should be there by 12:30 - no later than 1.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, The tag machine shows that it delivered today,
Well I have spent two hours, and I cannot get the label maker to be "seen" by my computer. I have the CD and have gone to their webpage, and well I give up on it. I will bring everything with me, maybe someone smarter than me can figure it out. If not, we are out of luck on the name tags. I guess we can always go old school with the sticker rolls and a Sharpie.......

Of course I always start things at the last minute... The interior of my S280 was not near the condition I thought it was when I took it off the trailer, after closer inspection the cabinets had a fair amount of mold, so I took most of them out and burned them. I also added a window to the front (opening was there I just added some 2x4's and a window). I need to go tomorrow morning and get some plywood to put on the bed frame for our air mattress, my son will sleep up above us in the 'bunk' bed I made for him. I also bought some linoleum flooring I plan to put in the box at some point, going to make sure it is very dry before I do that though as I want to make sure mold does not come back. I don't think it leaks, but I think it was sealed so well it just held moisture in it, I'll leave the vent open on it when I store it from now on. It already has a A/C unit on the roof so that will make camping trips much nicer!

I have to put the s-cam levers (slack adjusters) on one of the trailer axles tomorrow morning, and adjust the brakes on it as well. After getting everything I have to do tomorrow and get everything loaded up, I don't expect I will be there before 2:00. I'll make sure to be there before 4:00 though, can't miss that BBQ!!

2015-04-14.jpg

20150416_195410.jpg

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know it is really last min, but my lodging plans fell through. Anyone have a large truck I can sleep under? Anything better than that would be appreciated as well! I am only able to stay Fri night.

Adam, you are welcome to sleep in the bed of the 920 (just a deuce bed), or under the truck. I am bringing a generator in case they don't have the power on where we park, but I hope to avoid running it (mep-802a so it is quiet). You can probably find better accommodations but if not the offer is there.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's not much but I will have my enclosed trailer, you are welcome to crash in it. I have a little Honda Generator that will probably be plugged in... warning, I am probably louder than a MEP when sleeping...

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have to do a small part and grocery run, then I will be hooking up the trailer and heading out. Expect sometime around 1 or 2. it'll be the Blue Dodge Ram towing a black enclosed trailer.

AMGeneral

Well folks,
This year is out for me,Mom had to be taken to the ER on Thurs morning and have her appendix taken out,so I'll be staying close to home for the next couple days.