• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Denton NC MV & Surplus Show 14-16 April 2016

Ford Mechanic

Ken are you going to have time to even get dirt on that nice new paint?

I don't even have time to wash mine this year with all that we have going on.

wilfreeman

Hopefully i will be able to get the jeep brakes straightened out in time, if not, I will drive the deuce and put a for sale sign on it! I'm making progress on the brakes though - no leaks, but still have to bleed them and do a LONG test drive to be sure!

Shark Bait

I wanna try and make it at least one day this year but schedule is hectic. I WOULD really like to being the HET down but that would a long drive at 45mph. Lol. And a refuel or two. So, I'll probably bring the duelly to spend money on some stuff. Hope to see you all and name tags with screen name and actual name is a good idea.

Dave

wilfreeman

That DOES look good - perfect bonfire weather too!

One question - has anyone thought about video for the convoys/trailride? My buddy Scott Schiller (that likes to do videos and post them on Facebook) won't be able to make it this weekend, so I was going to do a walk around to showcase some of the show. Of course, I'm not going to do the whole narrated, in depth, made for tv videos and interviews like he does. It would take forever to upload anything like that with my slow internet connection at home!

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I get around to wiring a Cigarette lighter thing into the M880, I might have a dash cam for the convoy. I don't have a goPro or anything to mount.

Landbarger

If I get around to wiring a Cigarette lighter thing into the M880, I might have a dash cam for the convoy. I don't have a goPro or anything to mount.
I'll bring a GoPro (and try to remember to bring charged batteries). I don't have much in the way of mounts, though. Do we have any artistic MacGuyvers who can rig it up for good shots?

DanM7890

I have a gopro with a bar mount for my mountain bike that I can mount somewhere I'm sure. Also may still have the windshield mount. Either way I work ALL weekend on the M998 to try and get it finished up for the show.

Ford Mechanic

Clarification on small arms for steel targets:

Pistol calibers, no 5.56mm

Rifles that shoot pistol calibers are great.

Shot guns welcome! Short ones are better for moving with them.

I'll have firearms that shoot .40 S&W and 12 guage there if you want to shoot them. I'm still debating on weather or not to bring my good .270 out to play.

BRING SHOOTING/SAFETY GLASSES! And of course hearing protection.

CGarbee

I added a few more folks to the MKT list this morning...
If you haven't signed up already, you are too late for guaranteed food...but I should have some extra at each meal in case someone is hungry, just not enough for a stampede... ;)
I will, however, have the big coffee pot and the two drink coolers filled all day long for anyone that gets thirsty (on the meal list or not).

Way behind on loading non-MKT stuff (spent the weekend riding behind the N&W J611 steam train instead of doing MV related stuff), but I am ready...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks