• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

depressed

Tanglewood16137

Well guys i went to look at some deuces today and my bubble was burst well no shattered to obilivion! well i sat in them and with my butt all the way back in seat and kness under sterring wheel i was still 3" short of getting my feet on the pedals i am too tall then when i got home and had to explain to a 7 yo son who thinks dad is god and loves deuces that i couldn't get one till i figure out how to oercome my problems and no shortening my leggs is not a option.

Rod

I am open to ideas i have a few half baked ones myself on it

Blood_of_Tyrants

i am 6'4" but built like a football player i need 4xl shirts to get my shoulders in
weigh like 350

Rod

not small
I dub thee "Tiny".:wink:

Now seriously. Get a box seat and lower it all the way. Or go to a junk yard and get a seat that sits closer to the floor. I'm 6'2" and I can easily push the pedals.

Last edited:
These trucks were not built for speed or comfort. They seem to be made for a 5'6" 140 lb man/boy with popeye arms and a rather strong left leg. But just like antique cars or airplanes, you have to wedge yourself in and enjoy the ride.
I am on the upper end of the big scale ( just under freak ) but I fit in all my toys.
I think you need to man-up and shorten your legs, if not for yourself, do it for the boy.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got a friend with a deuce that's built like you. He went to the box seat but I think that only helps with the belly/ steering wheel distance.

I'm 6'2" but only weigh 165lbs. I have no trouble with the steering wheel but I could use a little more leg room. The cab doesn't really "fit" me for length but I manage.

Tanglewood16137

ideas

i been thinking about preforming open cab surgery with my plasma cutter.
I think if i cut off back of cab about a 1.5" after doors ands added 12" to cab moving rear cab mount back a foot and shortening the bed a foot get a fiberglass roof and stretch and whalla i should be able to put in my mack air ride and cruise in luxary. lol yea right

Rod

Tanglewood16137

i might be able to just reach if i took out seat and just sat on a 12" high box with no back i may be able to reach pedals may not certain not what i want to do

coeder

I am 6'4 and just went to the box seat. It still isnt roomy, but atleast I can get my feet on the pedals and move down the road. My son is 9 and he loves the trucks!:-D

rivired

Im in the market right now for some nice comfy seats im planning to mount on top of springer bases..im 6'4 and i getttit done..hopefully i wont have wheel clearance issues..

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A thinner back cushion is the trick, especially with a spring seat. That rear cushion just doesn't need to be that thick. Another thing you should be aware of is that the pedals are adjustable. Look underneath, remove the bolt holding the pedal and twist and work it out. You will see the multiple notches (3 IIRC). Adjust from there for best fit. Another member took the whole seatback off and attached it to the back wall of the cab. I think with a little effort you can achieve a fair fit. Last option for belly clearance is a shorter steering shaft but this will effectively lower the steering wheel.

baxter

I am doing the same conversion Gringeltaube did, I just found the perfect pitman arm I think I'll know more when it gets here. I plan on tilting the wheel up and installing a smaller wheel then an air ride seet. I'm not big just 6'2" and 270lbs. good luck and welcome

Vaughn

jmh4x4

I can feel your discomfort, being 6-4', we'll just say somehwere around mid 200's ;-) these arent the most comfortable vehicles. I have the spring seat, no jacket is a must, and It took a good month or two to loose the clustophobia feeling. some times i feel like I can drive with my knees as they have no good place to rest. At least I know if i ever hit anything, I wont be going to far since the stearing wheel is only a couple inches away:-D. You can always shorten the bed and extend the cab a few inches, my father'law is on me to do that so that he can drive the truck too.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I may be 6' 8, but 200lbs is pretty skinny on me. Box seat is better, I have a modded spring seat in one truck that will be changed to a box at some point. Don't have steering wheel issues. Put the windshield wiper in upside down(works fine), and you won't be staring at it all the time.

Dennis

I'm 6'8" and feel relatively comfortable on a stock spring seat, but I will try to get another back rest, remove the thick padding and exchange it with a thin and modern material. One might gain around two inches by doing that, that can make a lot of difference and the original look is kept.

The box seat is maybe the best solution, I also like the benefit of the extra stowing space under the seat.

Cheers,
Mark

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks