• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

depressed

jasonjc

A thinner back cushion is the trick, especially with a spring seat. That rear cushion just doesn't need to be that thick. Another thing you should be aware of is that the pedals are adjustable. Look underneath, remove the bolt holding the pedal and twist and work it out. You will see the multiple notches (3 IIRC). Adjust from there for best fit. Another member took the whole seatback off and attached it to the back wall of the cab. I think with a little effort you can achieve a fair fit. Last option for belly clearance is a shorter steering shaft but this will effectively lower the steering wheel.
Not all pedals have the notches. My '87 did not, I was woundering why the pedals seems so much higher on that truck. After looking under the truck and others I found that it had the pedals higher and did not have the adjustment notches. They do now thought.

PorscheTech911

Ive wanted one of these forever and am just about to get the money together. I'm 6'2" and weight 320lbs. Am i going to be crushed in my dreams to? I mean I drive Porsches all day at work and fit in those, these trucks must have more room than a boxster who's owner is 3" tall.... :|

FreightTrain

Banned
Hey,I am 6 foot 2 inches give or take and fit perfectly with a springer.I was over 300Lbs a couple years ago and still fit.You ain't doing something right or found an oddball lot of trucks.I do know I couldn't drive wreckermans M52A2 when he had it.I couldn't get the brake pedal cause it was too tall.

notso

I'm 6'8" (FreightTrain can attest to this) and 375#.

I have a box seat in my '35A2, and i do have a hard time finding a place to put my feet and legs.

I will have to look and see about adjusting those pedals, that would be great, especially the clutch.

Dont give up. Get some more time to try. I found that I pretty much only fit and drive this truck by sheer will power. I love to drive it! So I make myself fit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks