• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Desert Camo CUCV?

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you talking about the MERDC/4-colour sceme? If so, the patterns remain the same, the colours change according to the environment to be operated in. Look at TB 43-0147 (in the Resources section, buried in Deuce manuals for some reason) for details.

There is no pattern specifically for the Bronco, as it was not a standard vehicle. You can find something similar and adjust the pattern to fit.
There are some pictures on the internet of Broncos in camo when they were tested by the Army for a commercial utility vehicle in the early '70s.

Rapco is one good source for the paint. They have some sample chips on their website, but they are not really very good for determining exact shades (no computer image is).

Cheers

Check this site, the colours seem pretty good and show the different schemes-
https://sites.google.com/site/merdccamo/home/merdcpic

Last edited:

Nico

here is an special example of a desert merdc pattern.
have a look at this m1008.
this is not the gray or red desert merdc.
it seems that carc 686 tan, brown 383, black 383 and merdc eath yellow is used on this vehicle.
looks just perfect in my opinion.
based on this pic from ramstein airbase i created this desert scheme for the m1009.
i hope it helps somehow.

regards
nico

Attachments

Last edited:

rsh4364

On the subject of paint,I want to paint mine in a a 4 color winter camo,flat or matte white,dirty white,grey and some black,anyone have picts of one done this way?

combatmech

On the subject of paint,I want to paint mine in a a 4 color winter camo,flat or matte white,dirty white,grey and some black,anyone have picts of one done this way?
Saw an M 1008 on GL last year up in Alaska that had a winter cammo paint job. I might have some pics on my laptop at home. I'll look tomorrow. it looked like they painted over the brown and black bits.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks