• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Desert Camo CUCV?

emr

There are 2 tans , the first war was a semi gloss almost, and smooth, the curret conflict has a duller and much more gritty texture, arvoe has an awesome match .they were all solid in these conflicts but of course like everything else a vehicle with different styles made it in alot, one quick fix was just a large square on the door with the inverted V and the sideways one for the current conflict.

airmech3839

well ya'll have managed to find several examples for our friend here and I wonder how he will do his paint! Keep us posted and take pictures. How old is your daughter by the way...my 5 year old wants me to do stuff to the deuce all the time...she wants me to paint her name on the door in pink letters...

saddamsnightmare

March 17th, 2010.

NOT a spot of green on her for St. Patrick's Day......Though the trailer does make up for it. The icon annexed is my M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare", Desert Shield Desert Storm veteran deuce, solid 686A Tan with black markings, no inverted "V" in evidence on the cab doors, and the paint is generally what you would expect after 20 years of fading.... Disregard the wheels as when I got her from BullDogMAck13 in October 2007, they were a mix of woodland green, black and brown, apparently some motorpool mechanic scavenged the good ones on this truck and swapped in whatever he didn't want, anlong with the drivers windshield frame, which was woodland green too! The trailer went over with the 120th Combat Engineers and had the 4 color MERDC Woodland scheme on it with a tan cargo cover, all I've done is replace the cover with a new one, odd looking, but that's the way it was.....

Seems that in the Iraqi, Kuwaiti and Saudi Deserts, plan tan worked fairly well....

Good luck on your painting,[thumbzup]

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:)

41cl8m5

I was stationed at the National Training Center at Ft Irwin California in the late 80's early 90's and my unit repainted all the equipment desert colors. One unit used tan base with green and black. Another unit used a green base with tan and black. The two units I was assigned to, had there own paterns also. One used tan base with brown and black and the other had a tan base with brown orange and black (4 color setup). All the painting was done mostly at the 31st Maint unit. I asked at the time about the patterns with one of the painting techs and he told me it was up to the tech to pick the pattern on the vehicle as long as the % of paint was acheived. But I did observe I tech using what looked like chalk to do the outline after the base was put down. I don't know if it was his pattern or if he was going from a spec. Most of the vechicls in the motorpool had the same colors but the patern was not identicle. By the way this included tanks, howizers, trailers and other equiptment.

Hope this helps

Wolf.Dose

The actual colour seems to be desert CARK, as you can see may vehicles in Germany rotaiting to and from Irak. On the sides on the doors there are some black open tirangle markings for identification (tip up). Unit codes and vehicles regs in relatively small caracters in black (something between 30 to 40 mm tall) and small stars (never saw anything larger than 10", most the time around 5" stars, if any). Thats all, hope this helps. Sorry, no pics.
Wolf

hello all I was a 71M in the NHARNG and i loved every minit of it... but before i could go full time i was injored so i left the states and headed home to canada for the free health care now i am working on a 1994 chevy xcab pickup trying to make it a desert camo... any thoughts and sujestions i am trying to use the mill spec paterns for the 3 color camo from the manuel thought i might leave some of the chrome on it... any thoughts and opinions??? i will try to post some pics here if i can

Attachments

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure if I can find the pic of the HMMWV's we did in desert camo for TACOM presentation but I
will look in my files. Also I have a pic of my buddies CUCV clone that we painted the same way after
he got a load of the HMMWV's done that way. He also did his IH/Scout II in this pattern.

popacom / BILL in Ky.

Attachments

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When we painted the CUCV I posted pics of we just substituted the different colors and used the original pattern,the same way we did the HMMWV's we painted for the Army/TACOM presntation
the Co. I worked for was part of.

Thanks!!! popacom / BILL in KY. :driver:

MSgt USMC (Ret)

Here's one painted after the Desert Combat Uniform (DCU) pattern or 3 Color Desert commonly seen after Desert Storm in Somalia. The DCU is still worn in CentCom theatre by some SF units and Coalition Forces.

Attachments

bambambam22

Can anyone help me with a Desert Camo pattern for a Ford Bronco. I can find forest but not Desert and I am not sure if it is the same pattern and if it is I dont know what colors would go where anyway. I need the pattern and need to know what color goes where. Any help would be appriciated.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks