• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

desert camo

shooterfpga

i've been trying to find pictures of desert camo on vehicles. so far i've found the manuals that tell what colors need to be used in merdc desert, and the 3 color desert "cranetruck" in the photos album on here. i know there has to be more trucks painted in desert camo besides those i listed above and the monocolor tan..

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Smoking! Couldn't help noticing the contrast. Cranetruck here running at about 1,200 rpm moving a dumpster at Aberdeen last year. No smoke.
Fuel: Biodiesel/veggi oil/diesel mix
3-color desert camo: "Sand", "Field Drab" and "Earth Yellow".

Attachments

Desert Rat

I NEED a trailer just like that one one the right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I never have enough trailers...............

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you're going to load that one Brent you better get some more wheaties for the deuce. That sucker is probably 16,000# empty. I have an exceptional running tractor and it struggles with 22,000# when the hills come about. Flat ground is no problem. If you're going to toss on a CUCV or two no problem but a deuce on that will easily challenge and defeat most deuces. The rating of the tractors on the highway os 36,000#. Perhaps they came up with this number using low range.

Desert Rat

I'm now officially :drool: ing over the CCC truck! I'd love to have it too but since I'm getting a five ton from Buddy Hammond I'll just have to be patient (again!!!!). Kenny, I hauled 35,000# one one of the moves from Indiana down here. Some of the bigger hills I had to drop down to fourth. But over all 'Storm handled that 800 mile trip flawlessly. I was thinking of using that trailer more for the TD6 I'm getting from Buddy in about three weeks. That trailer would make loading and unloading MUCH easier.

cathedralofspace

@ cranetruck & red devils dude, thanks for the reference photos.
what kind desert camo is this? Is it called just plain "Desert Camo" ??

Another question from what cranetruck posted
"3-color desert camo: "Sand", "Field Drab" and "Earth Yellow". - is this really the the right combination to achieve a desert camo effect?

Thanks

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i've been trying to find pictures of desert camo on vehicles. so far i've found the manuals that tell what colors need to be used in merdc desert, and the 3 color desert "cranetruck" in the photos album on here. i know there has to be more trucks painted in desert camo besides those i listed above and the monocolor tan..

Here's another configuration.

Attachments

Last edited:

panzerjunky

What is the big red light

Can someone kindly tell me what the big red light is in the drivers side fender of the Deuce hauling the big trailer in one of the first pics. PM me if nessasary
Thanks Jerry

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can someone kindly tell me what the big red light is in the drivers side fender of the Deuce hauling the big trailer in one of the first pics. PM me if nessasary
Thanks Jerry
The truck pictured is a 530B or C firetruck. That is the red light for when the truck is in "emergency" mode...lights and siren.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks