• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Desert Demon 1

desert demon

Howdy all.Been long time since i been here to socialize.Its been 3 years since i been back from Afganistan and starting to finally feel like me again a little bit.Thats why i have named the new toy Desert Demon.Turning a bad thing into a positive or at least trying :D Dont have the room and means to do this my self and ran into a little money and finally getting my M35A2B. So haveing Boyce Equipment build it for me.Its got the LDT 465 Turbo power house under the hood,fiber glass top,dot lighting on the bed,24 to 12 volt 60 amp solid state reducer,winch on the front and got a 12 thousand pound warn winch to put on the back when it gets to its new home,rear trailer hitch and regular pintel hitch,spare tire carrier be hind cab,and detroit locker in the rear.Still work in progress and finally got some pics to share.Now whats a Motor T MARINE going to do with a toy like this :D:D:D 2 More projects to finish i have going till i can get enough room to strip the Desert Demon 2 1953 M37 to the frame my self and do one frame up :D

Attachments

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice truck! And Semper Fi, Devil Dog! Just remember: sometimes bad things happen to good people; it's not your fault, there's no rhyme nor reason for it, sometimes bad things happen. But you are one of the very few who had the courage, integrity, and ability to volunteer - and we are eternally grateful for your service & sacrifices.

Meanwhile, thanks for the photos of that shop; it's giving me some great ideas on my future shop when I retire in 3 years (just a little south of you in Cedar).

desert demon

Thanks ya all for the kind words and a toast to ya all for youre support :beer: When i get some more pics we will post them up.Hopeing to get it to the house in a couple more weeks and take it on its first mission up in the mountains to put an old sheep camp made out of a bus and put it back where it belongs.Guess some jack wagons on side by sides thought it be cool and try to drag it down the hill side.Should turn out with some cool action pics:D

desert demon

Thanks Tornadogt.The grill,fuel tank,bumper,and steps was suppose to be black to but the painter didnt get the memo when boss was on vacation.Its all good thow.Get a small deal on some filters and belts.Im very very very happy with it :naner:

desert demon

Picked up DOUBLE D ( DESERT DEMON) last friday

Picked up DOUBLE D ( DESERT DEMON ) last Friday :naner: Cruised her around 50-55 and seemed very happy around that speed.Grandma needed 14 railroad ties so stopped and picked them up in Salt Lake on the way home and broke in the bed :-D Ya scratched the brand new paint a little.Thats whats it for :-D ITS A TRUCK. Saturday did a trailer recovery M35A2 trailer bed.Good things are tarp and troop seats.Bad things are no trailer brakes,missing air pack,bolts missing to hold bed to frame, ( Used chain and binder for that ) missing axles,no bearing covers,diffs open,and no lights.Stop several times to check hubs,one was getting warmer than the others so had to stop twice to let bearings to cool down.Total recovery time was around 8 hours but got er home safe :-D So what are we going to do with it ? Got a 87 coach man motor home that the wood is getting rotten on and fiber glass body keeps cracking on so going to take the conforts of motorhome and fab them to the trailer :-DWill be posting the camper build in the trailer forum and all so got a centrifuge system i be putting togeather as soon as i get the shed built for that aua Manual labor sux LOL.Feel like im starting to babble so enjoy the pics :naner:

Attachments

desert demon

Motor home doner for camper

Lived in this with the wife for 18 months after comeing home from Afganistan to just have a confort zone.She is so awsome to put up with my ways and stand by me with what i have to do some times no matter how long it takes :-D

Attachments

desert demon

Tire rubbing

Took the DOUBLE D for a dump run last weekend and decided to take a detour for a short off road test.Was unplanned so didnt have camera with me.It did great but the two middle rungs on the bed chewing up the in side of the tires when the susspension is flexedaua.Nothing a grinder wont take care of :)

Attachments

GREENMV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The first scratch on a new truck Is like the end of the world. But gets easier from there... Nice truck and welcome home, Thank You for your service.