• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Desert or OD Paint for a 1964 M54 cargo truck?

msisco

What do you think I should paint this truck? It's a 1954 M54 Cargo truck. It's been updated to Multi-fuel from Gas. It has the tranny and transfercase updated. I also believe the bed has been changed. I want to know if I should paint it the modern paint scheme or should I paint it what it would have been like in 1954? I even kind of like the desert scheme it has now but it needs a repaint. Is there a reason to restore this truck back to how it was in 1954 even though the drive train and bed have been updated. I just want to make sure I am not devaluing an old truck.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks,
Mike

Attachments

Varyag

I would just say paint her how it makes you happy and call it good. Sounds like it is already a pretty custome rig. If someone wants to buy it to make it original again, the least of their worries are going to be what color it is.

Sgt Hulka

Whatever you do, rescue and preserve that "Desert Returns" label. Way cool. And maybe that points the way to your paint dilemma. Paint it as the Army last did. Presumably in its current scheme (consistent with label...)

wsucougarx

I say make her into a Viet'nam Gun Truck! You have the perfect platform for which to do it in. Like these:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtuGb-OiSDE&feature=related[/media]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4UJDdrQmTw[/media]

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your truck is MERDC painted. An 80's style paint scheme. IIRC it is MERDC winter desert. Seems there are quite a few trucks that come out of GL/MCLB barstow that pattern...MERDC...but not too many stay that color. If it were mine, i'd leave it the colors it is in now, kinda a rolling piece of history.
No pics on this puter but, that's what I did with mine. It was MERDC summer dez so I kept it that way. If you make it to the desert trip this weekend, you can see it.

CAMOUFLAGE FOR MILITARY VEHICLES

Armada

For a 56 year old, it sure looks good. Lots of history, if only it could talk! I would also keep it the current color scheme. And yes, preserve or duplicate the label, also a part of its history. The dry climate has sure kept it looking good.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks