• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Desert Rat Sighting

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy folks. Well, DR just rolled out of here with his RV in tow. We managed to fab up a temp wiring harness and composite tail lights on his trailer, patched up several areas of hurricane damage, added a house battery for interior lights and a few other things. Also did some tire swapping on his shop van as well as a small radiator repair and replaced a jack shaft. I sent him packing (literally) with the headache rack from the pipeline, a 3KW genset and a bucket of small parts for his ride back to TX. Attached are a few pics of his visit.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ken, got a couple more but need to resize them before posting. Need sleep now, I'll do it in the AM.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Or another headline, "Lone Wolf Soldier Appropriates FEMA Trailer from Refugee Family, Flees the United States for Texas"

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's a pic of me pulling into the steelsoldiers rally earlier this year, camper in tow. Also had the jeep hid in the back of the deuce. Not sure if people were staring at the duece, or a deuce pulling a camper down the highway.
Dennis

Attachments

Last edited:

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mabye if we paint it the right color it will blend better. Does anyone know if they make ND's that small?

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Talked to the D-CRAB last night. He should be back tonight. He tells me he slowed down to 45MPH and it now getting 11.5 MPG. Not bad pulling a trailor.

Desert Rat

His may look more natural, but mine is more comfortable! I had to hustle back home to get the trailer parked. I'll have pics of the combo tomorrow. The devistation of Katrina and Rita are incredible. It's been months and the wreckage is still impressive! I-10 by Gulfport is still littered with debris from homes and businesses. The clearing people cleared the road but not the median or the sides of the road. Truly saddening to see such devistation.

Ugg013

Tried To Help.....

Hi:

I started to organize some people with MV's to go down and help but was turned down by all the so-called help agencies. Only the Salvation Army said that they'd take help locally, but everyone else just wanted $$$$$. :evil: I was even told that we could possibly get arrested for getting in the way. :roll: :evil:

My Dad was a CPA for many years and he did the books for several charities. It really P'd him off when he saw how much of the donated cash actually went to help people in need. The Red Cross has the biggest balls of them all. After they help, they send you a bill. :evil: :evil: :evil: Their management earns top dollar too. He said in his opinion, the Salvation Army was the only legit charity.

I've done alot of things for various charity organizations in my time. Mainly with special needs people. I watched as some of these so-called volunteers would pocket money collected. When reported, nothing was done for fear of bad publicity or the supervisors wanted their cut. Again, the Salvation Army (at least with my observations) didn't seem to have this issue. I'm sure there are some instances with them too, but they seem to be more genuine.

I could probably go on for days about how help for the people ravaged by Katrina and Rita was/still is, bungled, and the possible reasons, but I won't. The Fed got so big and powerful because of the corruption of local governments, but of course, that corruption filtered it's way up. My hat is off to anybody that took it upon themselves to go and help.

Later
Ugg 8)

Desert Rat

Ken,

Maybe I can find some NDCCs that could fit! Perhaps find some for a Jeep and cut them down to size :D ! I'll have some more pics to post sometime today or so. Right now we're starting to cut down the tree trunks and junk behind the trailer. Oh what a mess!

Desert Rat

Oh yah, I almost forgot. Kenny and I didn't have to use a drop tongue for the trailer at all! Believe it or not the ride height for the trailer is level with the tow bar receiver. Both of us were surprised! However, riding level sure did help in how she handled to. It was interesting to see the other FEMA contractors having to really pay attention to their driving with these things. Heck 'Storm had them beat in every catagory except top end speed! Well, I guess we can't have everything.

rmgill

Hey Kenneth, could you post a picture array of your M103 chassis w/ S250 shelter? I want to do one of those. Ideally one on a M103 so I could slide it into the bed of the Deuce for when I'm towing the Dingo or Ferret on the back of the vehicle trailer I just bought.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks