• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Desert Tan Canvas

Chief_919

Today I stumbled on a desert tan canvas cargo cover and end curtains. I have seen lots of tan vinyl, but this is the first cover I have seen in canvas in anything but OD. Has anyone seen these before, and any clue when they date from? I am guessing they are Desert Storm era from when the government quickly pushed purchases to tan, and that was before the vinyl, but that is just a guess.

Anyone have any pictures of them in use?

emr

Not sure but very very cool find I think, I have a guess it is earlier than the first gulf war, But as most things we collect, it sure could be, i wish I had one for my 5 ton, I switch back and forth with a desert tan vinyl and a solid green vinyl with vinyl green end curtains separate, sometimes i throw the canvas end curtains for that real military look with that one, and then I will use the new style camo, It is fun to switch em up through out the year, Great find...

Cookie

I just bought a new tan cargo cover for my duece for $300 on ebay. I( would have preferred OD but couldn't find one under twice the price. Still looking for the front/rear curtains.