• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Details on ringmount plate rivets.

jwaller

Yeah, I think mine is an A3 cab. I'll post some pics when I get it back from being sandblasted and painted. (it was galvanized, and the paint was flaking off it everywhere).
if it were an A3 you'd also get the 3 point seat belts and would have had an insulated floor and no provision for a clutch pedal. very cool anyhow.

FWIW there is an additional small cab plate that mounts to the rear mating surface where the original hard top would go. it's more or less a piece of angle iron that goes from side to side. it's also nice to have if you are going soft top. adds a little more stiffness to the cab.

jesusgatos

Of course you're right. I guess what I've got is a late-model A2 cab. The slave-cable hole in the cab is blocked-off, and there are no holes for the soft-top tiedowns, but no insulated floor (dangit) and no shoulder harness mounts.

I'd like to see pictures of that other cab reinforcement that you mentioned.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just bought a brand new cab, NOS, still in the crate (er, what was left of the crate). Anyway, it's got that reinforcing plate in it. Lemme know if you guys need any measurements or pics before I install it.
I like a picture of the installed plate, distance between rivets, etc. if you have time. Thanks.

JCKnife

From another thread, I understand that the rivets needed for installing the cab reinforcement plate are:

55-1/4" Blind rivets NAS1398C8-5 Grip Range(Thickness of Materials) .251-.312"
40-1/4" Blind Rivets NAS1398C8-3 Grip range(thickness of materials) .126-.187"

Are these the correct rivets, and if so does anyone know where these can be purchased in these quantities? I've found so far that no one is interested in selling anything less than very large quantities. I'm ready to install my reinforcement plate.
I've also been searching for the correct spec on the reinforcement plate rivets, and this is the best post I've found but seems unverified. Also I'm not sure if the above is spec'ing 2 different rivets in different quantities?

joshuaz223

thanks for the info. everything except the firing rate sounded 50 cal right down to the brass and links. spent a lot of time behind the M2 never heard of the 50 cal M3. thought the M3 was a grease gun.

wsucougarx

not to be argumentative but i dont believe that was a 50. Ma Deuce speaks with much more authority and with a slower John Wayne gate.
Sorry but I'm going to be argumentative:razz: It is a .50 cal. It is not your typical M2 .50, but a M3 .50. If you look at the suppressor that's a dead give away. Here's another video of the M3.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCUhVDjBaI8[/media]

jesusgatos

I just bought a brand new cab, NOS, still in the crate (er, what was left of the crate). Anyway, it's got that reinforcing plate in it. Lemme know if you guys need any measurements or pics before I install it.
if it were an A3 you'd also get the 3 point seat belts and would have had an insulated floor and no provision for a clutch pedal. very cool anyhow.
Would like to know more about that insulated floor?

FWIW there is an additional small cab plate that mounts to the rear mating surface where the original hard top would go. it's more or less a piece of angle iron that goes from side to side. it's also nice to have if you are going soft top. adds a little more stiffness to the cab.
My cab had a small plate welded on top of the rear part of the cab on the pass side, and when I cut it off to make for a more uniform hardtop mounting surface, noticed that there was a mfg number on the bottom of it. Guessing that it was part of the cab reinforcement kit? Anyway, just thought some of you guys might like to see it. Would be very easy to duplicate.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks