• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Determine rebuild date

lost in the bush

OK I Googled and search sight for how to determine rebuild date for Military truck.

SO how do you determine the rebuild date of a Deuce. Their is a dash plate however there is no date.

The truck was suppose to be built in 1993...

Perhaps the writing in door indicate rebuild in 2003. Just wanted to know how to read tags.

Attachments

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All the "CARC/03" means is it was painted in 2003. That doesn't mean the rest of the truck was rebuilt at that time.

jasonjc

The "DDAEO-93-C-R110" is the contract number for the rebuild, the "93" (in the contract number) is the year of the contract. So it would be some time after 1993. Is there a tag/plate on the dash of the truck?

Deuce007

While we are on the topic I was wondering if there is a way to tell when the m35a2 part of the truck was built in order to get it registered as historic. I know that it was rebuilt in 1998 (THANKS CARNAC) but I would like to figure out when it was built in the first place.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M35A3s weren't considered rebuilt trucks. They were considered new trucks. The "DDAEO-93-C-R110" is the contract number under which the truck was built.

Seeing as how they were considered new trucks, you can't find out where the donor trucks came from and apply for historic plates. The trucks they were built from is irrelevant.

KsM715

I bet there's a few A3 owners that are runnning around on antique plates that would beg to differ with you Ty

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bet there's a few A3 owners that are runnning around on antique plates that would beg to differ with you Ty
I guess the fact is that I could buy a A3, list it as a '69 on the sf97 form, and get it titled as a '69. I'm not sure how legal that is though because it's my understanding that they were considered new trucks when the A3 was built.

They used, on average, 3 A2 trucks to build one A3. If you want to use the VIN of one of the donor trucks, which one do you use? This just seems like a legal grey area to me.

KsM715

I guess the fact is that I could buy a A3, list it as a '69 on the sf97 form, and get it titled as a '69. I'm not sure how legal that is though because it's my understanding that they were considered new trucks when the A3 was built.

They used, on average, 3 A2 trucks to build one A3. If you want to use the VIN of one of the donor trucks, which one do you use? This just seems like a legal grey area to me.
I didnt say it was legal. Just that I have heard (read) of guysdoing just that with their a3's

Myself, I wouldn't do it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks