• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Detroit 8V92 Diesel engine

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys there was a time a year or so ago that these engines were coming up for sale very frequently (about the time they were DXed in the HEMTT and 1070) now days I potentially find myself in need of one, are they still around, and if so what seems to be the price folks are looking for them? when they were all over between 4K and 5K would put you into a brand new engine, where is that number today? And what is availability?

Thanks much guys

Karl

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Adelman's truck parts in chicago is advertising low hour gov't surplus complete turbo 8V92's for $2500.
PM a email and I'll scan the ad and send it to you if interested

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmmm.... I might have to get into the M939 horsepower war with 74M and Simp???

GAAAAAAAAHHH....

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have seen Adelmans website and the very first thing I saw was ALL SALES FINAL PERIOD, that kind of scared me away, is that justified????
Karl

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have seen Adelmans website and the very first thing I saw was ALL SALES FINAL PERIOD, that kind of scared me away, is that justified????
Karl
I don't know about the $2500 ones , but I have seen some they listed with a short warranty and dynoed.
probably a crap shoot like a gov auction.

It's been quite few years but have had good luck with Adelmans in ohio.

Last edited:

74M35A2

Hmmm.... I might have to get into the M939 horsepower war with 74M and Simp???

GAAAAAAAAHHH....
I'd be all sorts of jealous. I started down the path of that exact engine, absolutely love the sound, and who doesn't love 500hp? My somethings get bigger just thinking about having a turbo and supercharger. Not sure it can mounted full right between the frame rails like an in-line engine, the M939 requires it.

$2500 is a great price if she is ready to go.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks