• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce & 1/2 Gun Trucks

Driver523

Still more from the Museum--------Driver

Attachments

B3.3T

Wow, those are all really awesome. What a great collection coming together. I am beginning to think this whole internet thing might work after all.

Driver523

Thanks B3-----Here's the last of what I have from the Fort Eustis Museum---------Driver

Attachments

Driver523

Here's some photos from a album of a guy I have no first name for but last name of Hicks---The first gun truck you can hardly see but its name is Burkes Law, there is very few photos of the truck----the next is one of our quads and then a Korean quad-------and Thanks P B---and then again--I feel the same way about what you guys accomplish--quite a crew you have my Friend, I am retired now and hope to make a trip yer way------Driver

Attachments

Driver523

Here is some photos I just had scattered throught some of my folders---the first and fourth photos are the same truck and one of my favorites, she stood up proud and just looked so **** neat------here you go-----------------Driver

Attachments

jasonjc

Did the 1st CAV have any gun truck's??

I was in the 1st CAV (90'-91') and I'd like to make a gun truck with there number/color's. If there was shuch a thing. One other thing how bad would it be to make one out of a M813?

Driver523

Jason--I don't know about gun trucks with the 1st Cav during that time or even gun trucks during Desert Storm, I did some work later on for OIF with Livermore Labs and helped in the design of the Livermore gun box or Hunter gun box and have posted photos of that box under the Iraq gun truck thread, as far as what model truck would be ok I used to think these things should be as historically correct as one could do, but I have since thought that most don't really know all the details of just what these trucks were like, I now think that building a historically correct truck is a good deal but that anything a person builds is truly a great compliment to any and all gun truckers and helps preserve the history of those soldiers and vehicles, so for me I'd say go for anything you can build or do, at the begining of OIF the gun trucks had been about all but forgotten but because of what you guys are doing building these trucks our soldiers will not be without something of these sorts again, I believe even the MRAPs have their beginings with what the troops did with their trucks and steel plate-------go for it my friend------------Driver

gunboy1656

When I was in Iraq (2004-05), As we were getting ready to leave and come home, we were replaced by 3rd ID and a few Nat Guard units and they had built themselves a gun truck out of an old M813. 4 -50's mounted in the box, same setup that was used in vietnam.

It was painted the correct 3 color woodland camo.

I wish i could have got pics of it, but my camera got messed up.

I was very impressed that someone remembered the old truck enough to rebuild them for this era.

Driver523

Here is a couple photos I got from John Dodd---John is one of the best, a good friend of mine and one of a kind, He was NCOIC of The Misfits, He went into three ambushes one day in a single convoy, wounded in the last assault---Yeah Man---here's to you John-----Driver

Attachments

tm america

wow thats alot of great pics .i still cant believe some of those truck were armoured up in the bed and almost nothing for the driver i wonder what they had for up armour and the firewall :roll:

Driver523

I never knew of anything up on the firewall----some had armor on the floor and under the seat, then if you see some armor attached to the outside of the door sometimes we would take the windows out and also drop a sheet down in where the window was, then you can see if there is windshield armor its usually armor with a single hole for the driver that can be pulled up or the vision blocks--they were something like 9 pieces of glass bonded together, but they were hard to see through-----I was lucky--I was there in 70 and on a 5 ton--by then things were pretty well perfected-------Driver

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks