• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce 1, stump 0

jmoylan69

when i first got my deuce, (Gasser) i didn't realize what even they could do. If you'd have told me about this a year ago I'd have laughed in your face and said "right". Now; i'm not surprised at all LOL

I have had people in our area pull 70' mobile home trailers with their pickups that are just wound up. This old gasser pulls them without even breathin hard.

I must agree seeing video would be more fun, but not necessary to prove the deuce did it. !!

mikey

The cable is NOT the winch cable. But it is the same thickness. Yeah, the deuce broke that rusty cable pretty easily.

I wish I had a video, but I honestly did NOT expect the event to be anything dramatic. I wasn't even sure I'd get the stump out, nevermind half of the earth coming with it.

treeguy

And.........how did you get it in the back of your truck? I see a big pile of dirt there. Did you use the dirt as a ramp and rig up some crazy pully system for the front winch to pull it on? Also, did you pull the stump out with the winch or by driving the truck? Nice job!
:grd:

mikey

And.........how did you get it in the back of your truck? I see a big pile of dirt there. Did you use the dirt as a ramp and rig up some crazy pully system for the front winch to pull it on? Also, did you pull the stump out with the winch or by driving the truck? Nice job!
:grd:

I hired a skidder to level the land, load the stump and spread the stone. We got the stump off the truck by "tailgating". Secured one end of the cable to a tree, the other to the stump in the back of the truck and drive forward.

I chose to drive the stump out as opposed to winching it. It took some serious rocking and back and forth, but eventually it gave in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks