• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce 56 GMC 211

JackG

Hi, This is JackG.
I finally recieved my GMC M-211 It really is in good condition, I will post pix as soon as I can. Right now I have a bigger problem. The engine is running rough. When we do get it started it cuts out as soon as we put it into gear. Upon starting is it smells like it is flooding. I let it sit for a day and then tried to move it. All seem to be working fine until I tryed to back it into a parking spot. As I manuvered it into the spot it again cut out and I couldn't keep it running. Any suggestions?

JackG

Hey, gunboy1656, No I have not checked the fuel. It probably has been sitting around for a while. Hasn't been run. By the way I grew up in Chippewa and went to church at St Rose St. Ann. JackG.

gunboy1656

I grew up near Rolling Acres Golf course. I just sold off my 1956 M220/211, but it was not in great condition.

Might also be getting too much fuel into the carb, and that is why your getting the flooding.

JackG

If I am getting too much gas into the carb what can I do. It does smell like it is flooding very easily. Is that golf course the one that is just past BlackHawk High School?

gunboy1656

That is Blackhawk golf course. Rolling acres is off Achortown road.

Your truck is the 3rd G742 series I know of bought in recent weeks. My dad's neighbor bought one, then he bought mine for parts. Now yours. I will find the pics I have of the trucks.

JackG

My M-211 was at one time an M-220 according to the plate. Also if I may ask another question> I am in the process of retitling this truck. Do you know if the mfg. number is the same as the VIn. I have to go the the local court to title. I purchased it from a guy in Maryland The truck came form Ft. Mead to a fire Company in the late 60's. This guy had it for about 12 years. No one knows were the title or any other documentation can be found, What a pain. Anyway as I move my way through this project I'm sure I will have other questions if you don't mind. JackG

gunboy1656

As far as I remember the VIN is stamped on the frame. Off the top of my head I can;t remember where it is.

Funny how you say yours was a 211 converted, mine was as well. I was going to put it back the it should be but lack of funding prevented me from doing it.

JackG

Good morning Gunboy, Can you tell me were you got the canvas top for the M211 you owned? Is there more than one place. Anyone local? Thanks