• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce accessories

painkiller

hey sorry to bother all you guys again with my newbish questions :tongue: but i have looked all over the place for a good set of bows and OD canvas for the back of the deuce, and a winch, i have looked at saturn and memphis eq and whatever other site pops up with i put those words in the search but i keep getting canvas bows and canvas for the cab which i already have and are fine so i am kinda at a dead stop, so if you guys could just point me in the right direction that would be good, price isn't so much of a problem because well right now i just want to be able to find them :)

MVtrucker

Well, you missed out on my NOS fiberglass bow sets, but I do have a set of wood reconditioned. I cleaned the wood and blasted the ells and screws, primed and finish painted: $195.00 + UPS.

Dieselsmoke

Does anybody have any of the uprights for the bows, don't care wood or fiberglass and need a few bow corners as well. Have a couple trucks that I need to put tops on.

MVtrucker

Bill,
E-mail me, I know that I have ells and some uprights.
I have a complete set of used bows with the neat short steel uprights: $150.00 + UPS.
Ells: Used $5.00 ea., NOS 10.00 ea., plus UPS. Uprights $5.00 - 10.00 depending on condition.

painkiller

Yeah, I am also interested into buying the setup for the canvas i will e-mail you later tonight when i get a chance

Loose Deuce

What is the difference Between old style and the new style? saw them list two different kinds on a parts list.

I have the fiberglass up rights but the screw holes are a little too big and they dont fit good and tight to the metal curved piece, they rock back and forth a little which makes my tarp too loose so it dont fit right.

painkiller

well i called up memphis eq again and they said they had some stuff now, not in a kit form but i called when the computers were all turned off so the guy couldnt really tell me how much he wants but once i find out i'll tell ya and i'll ask him about that question with the loose screws and stuff for ya

n3uka

You can find the canvas top at:

New Life Resource
418 North Main St.
P.O. Box 176
Bakersfield, Vermont 05441
1-802-827-6124

Cargo cover (M35 & M211) $500
For 12 foot cargo bed on dual wheel trucks; original style complete with rollup buckles for sides and all tie down ropes

End curtain (M35 & M211) $120
Each; original style with flap window and rope to lace it on to the end bow; 2 required to complete the cargo box enclosure

When I checked into it they said it would take about 2-3 months for it because they make to order.

I ordered a set of seat covers and they were real helpfull. Haven't gotten yet but should be here anyday.

Would say you could pick up the bows from Joe Young during Aberdeen, But don't see a location?
If you are near MD come to Aberdeen. Should be able to get all you need.

painkiller

eesh 500 for the cover but hey i guess its worth it right, well i'll call them along with memphis 2marrow and get a good pricing, thanks alot for the info!

MVtrucker

n3uka
I'll have used and reconditioned bow sets at Aberdeen, if I don't sell out by then. Also the NOS TM9-2320-209-20-1 & 20-2, 2-part set Trouble Shooting - Organizational Level and TM9-2320-361-34P NOS Maintenance, Repair Parts and Special Tools - Direct & General Support. This is a really huge manual, much better than the 20P. I'll also have 5-ton and CUCV TM's, NOS and some barely used ones in binders. Prices vary.
Spaces K-11 & J-11, Yellow

Loose Deuce,

I posted the above and then I saw your posting. I don't think that there is a difference in the bows, normally. I have the fiberglass uprights on my M35A2 and 813 5-ton and did not encounter your problem. I did tighten the screws pretty good, though.

MVtrucker

I don't know if I have a complete set of hardware, but I'll root through what I have and let you know.

Okay, I looked. I can come up with a complete set of hardware for the sides (ten uprights with seat brackets). It'll require some work though, they are on racks that have poor wood. I'll have to take my torch to the site and dismantle the racks. UPS will probably be in two or more boxes due to weight. I don't have a poor condition headboard that I can get the two uprights off of and I don't have these parts in my pile.

Best to e-mail me.

Thanks,

Joe

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Joe and Robert, if you guys work out the troop seat deal, I might can bring them back from Aberdeen!