• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Air Compressor Filter Upgrade / Oil in Air Tanks fix / Compressor PM

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It all started when I noticed some sprayed oil on my oil filter housings that was coming from the air compressor filter intake. I have the single cylinder air compressor by the way. My first thought is that it is a newer compressor and how could it be worn out? I didn’t think it was. The other thought was a dirty air filter. How the air compressor works when the unloader valve is actuated is the air compressor “breathes” IN and OUT of the intake. I was thinking if the filter was clogged partially, maybe it was sucking oil past the rings and blowing part of it out of the filter. So I came up with a better filter than what the factor had. I used an air filter and housing from a 14 HP Kohler K321. I removed the original filter from the air compressor and screwed in a ½” street elbow and then used a nipple to connect my homemade filter adapter I made. Then the filter housing bolted right on top. The one bad thing I don’t like about my air filter housing is that if I left my hood opened and it rained, the filter top would act like a funnel and let water slowly drip in the intake. I don’t plan on that scenario, so I am not worried about it. It was good to consider though.

My oil blowing out of the intake on my compressor has stopped and I have not gotten any more oil in my air tanks lately. This upgrade/fix was a success.

While I am on topic, has anybody ever taken out the big plug that is on top of the single cylinder compressors? I did not know if there was anything I could clean up or some sort of PM I could do with the compressor that is not listed in the TM. Things such as clean up check valves that could be possibly leaking, etc.

20140424_193308.jpg20140424_193304.jpg20140429_194650.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks