• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Air Compressor Filter Upgrade / Oil in Air Tanks fix / Compressor PM

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It all started when I noticed some sprayed oil on my oil filter housings that was coming from the air compressor filter intake. I have the single cylinder air compressor by the way. My first thought is that it is a newer compressor and how could it be worn out? I didn’t think it was. The other thought was a dirty air filter. How the air compressor works when the unloader valve is actuated is the air compressor “breathes” IN and OUT of the intake. I was thinking if the filter was clogged partially, maybe it was sucking oil past the rings and blowing part of it out of the filter. So I came up with a better filter than what the factor had. I used an air filter and housing from a 14 HP Kohler K321. I removed the original filter from the air compressor and screwed in a ½” street elbow and then used a nipple to connect my homemade filter adapter I made. Then the filter housing bolted right on top. The one bad thing I don’t like about my air filter housing is that if I left my hood opened and it rained, the filter top would act like a funnel and let water slowly drip in the intake. I don’t plan on that scenario, so I am not worried about it. It was good to consider though.

My oil blowing out of the intake on my compressor has stopped and I have not gotten any more oil in my air tanks lately. This upgrade/fix was a success.

While I am on topic, has anybody ever taken out the big plug that is on top of the single cylinder compressors? I did not know if there was anything I could clean up or some sort of PM I could do with the compressor that is not listed in the TM. Things such as clean up check valves that could be possibly leaking, etc.

20140424_193308.jpg20140424_193304.jpg20140429_194650.jpg