• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Air Valve

GREYFOX

I'm new to this forum , and a new Deuce owner.I bought my truck back in May of this year from forum member MOTOROLANUT. Everything is going well except for air leak under dash.There is a valve under the dash [behind air gauge] that started exhausting air through a port that faces the pass-side of cab. Everything air related seems to work o.k., is this a problem? Any help would be great.
Thanks Guys.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is in that port? Does it have a wire going to it? What air pressure is reading on the gauge? I'm thinking its the 60 PSI Hobbs switch for the low air buzzer.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The low pressure valve, attached with two screws to the firewall has a Tee on it, but no "exhaust port". Check the flexible hose(s), if they begin to leak they may suddenly fail completely.
One flex hose goes to the air gauge.
An air leak is never good on this truck, brakes rely on air.

motorolanut

Hey buddy glad to see you are enjoying the truck. I am trying to think about that fitting. I remember an air line underneath the glovebox on the fire wall. But I never monkeyed around under the dash, I only checked to see that no wires were hanging down. Let me know if I can help you in any way. :D

GREYFOX

Sounds like the low pressure valve[on fire wall next to steering wheel post]. It has a wire going out the top [12 o'clock pos.] the port is at three o'clock pos. facing passenger side. The port is about 1/8" diameter. The hoses all seem O.K., I put my finger over the hole, and thats where it's coming from. Any ideas ?
Thanks Guys.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Greyfox, take a picture of it for us. The fitting is only a multi port bulkhead. All holes are tapped

houdel

If you need a low air pressure switch I'd say to start with Saturn Surplus. However, there is also an auxillary air outlet (for running power tools, air chuck, filling air mattresses etc.) in this same general area. I'd make sure you didn't accidentaly partially open this valve first. It is a sleeper, not real obvious, just an air line with a cap on it somewhat to the left of the glove box, in the same general vicinity of the low air switch.

mendo069

air leak

the part you are describing is defin. the "air pressure switch"... just replaced mine because of the exact same issue... easy to replace.. be careful and unplug both wire connections.. use a gentle twisting motion... then loosen nut for copper line.. then take off both bolts on firewall.... antelope valley parts has them in stock for a fair price and quick shipping.. ask for norman...(661) 945-6788.... dave...

sparragh

I cannot find the correct fitting for this air outlet under the dash/glovebox. I'm trying to use this for emergency air for tires and what have you. where can I get the proper fitting for this thing so that I could attach a quick connect for an air hose.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I cannot find the correct fitting for this air outlet under the dash/glovebox. I'm trying to use this for emergency air for tires and what have you. where can I get the proper fitting for this thing so that I could attach a quick connect for an air hose.
If you're talking about the valve under the glove box on the passenger side, you just need a female thread NPT female air fitting. I can't remember if it's 1/4" or 3/8" but I think it's 1/4".

sparragh

I took the brass cap with me to the shop and could not find anything to fit. It seems the threads are fine and all the air fittings I found were course.....does this sound right?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I've probably done a dozen of these and I used off the shelf Milton fittings. The -P tech manual should have a description of the item, it may show the thread pitch. I can't remember if they were course or fine.

Come down next weekend and I'll see if I have an extra laying around rofl

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
That fitting is a standard brass fitting, there is nothing special about the threads

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks