• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce alternator replacement

Dan6wd

I'm replacing the alternator on my M35A2. There is the exciter wire coming from the main switch, a thick wire that goes to A big post, then there is also A small post, next to the big post. Does something go to this small post? when I took my warning cover off, there was nothing going to the small post I mentioned. I had power to the alternator, but nothing coming out of it, so I bought A brand new one to replace tih one with, now seeing that other post with no wire on it is arousing my suspicion.

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The small wire in the middle is the excite wire. The larger lug above it is the power output lug. I just swapped mine out while on the road and it is running fine. When you switch on the power on the dash, do you have 24v at that small wire? Loks like you'll have to pull the silicone off to test it.

Bill W

:ditto:
Also just a FYI ( incase you don't already know ) you can adjust the voltage by removing that little threaded hex plug there in the bottom of your picture and insert a small straight blade and turn the screw underneath to increase or decrease voltage

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks